My [ Lucky ] Neighbor's Yard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayjay257

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
When we moved here 17 years ago I used to laugh at Ronnie , the next door neighbor, out 'cutting his woods'. Fast forward a few years and I'm out cutting my woods too :). It just looks nice to have an open 'glade' as opposed to overgrown woods. Ronnie and I had a ton in common and became very good neighbors. Sadly, about 4 years ago he passed away due to prostate cancer and his wife never did any yard work so they moved a few months before he passed.

Fast forward to now and this is what his yard now looks like. The new neighbors won't even bestir themselves to run a string trimmer even around the house so you can forget the rest of the 2 acres getting the attention it requires. They do a piss poor job of cutting the grass and that is it. They are definitely living a charmed life as none of the sheds have even had a limb fall on them.

The one downed tree that has about 8' of vertical with the downed trunk off to the left used to be hung up in one of the live trees. At that time it was leaning over towards the right. One night we had a big storm and the next morning I went out to do my morning "roam, I'm going to roam " and it took a good bit of time to finally see that the leaning trunk had be flung out to the left. I would have never guessed that could happen.

C4qVKCC.jpg

USPFuCI.jpg

USPFuCI.jpg

Back