Need "Timber" wood stove info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorSeven

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So, winter is comming on strong, & i have been looking for a big wood stove for my 30x30' shop. I went to an auction today & bit on a big Buck Stove with a blower. Got it home, & had a msg from my neighbor. "Hey i have a old stove in the barn you can have". So i put the forks on the tractor & went & picked it up. It's a large heavy(1/4" plate) free standing stove. It has a big name plate on top that say's "TIMBER CGH Inc." 8" flue opening, double doors, brick lined. I'll post a pic tomorrow. I have seen these stoves around, but i googled my fingers raw & got nuttin, zero, zip. Am i missing something?, Is Timber the mod name?
I prefer the Timber to the Buck because i don't want a blower, but i may hang onto the Buck until i can fire the Timber up & see how it performs. Any info appreciated..........

RD

pic.......

Stove.jpg

All these "guru's" here & no positive ID.........................{sigh}

:hmm3grin2orange:

RD

Really nice looking score for the price of going after it. I couldnt tell you anything about it other than it looks heavy and from a time when stuff was built to last.

Looks well worth the time to have gone after it.

Tree, you may be right. Inside there is no "ceiling baffle", the fire box is just open to the flue. I think if i fab a section of plate to go in there & cut the opening down to the flue, i can get more heat out of it. Got it fire'd up tonight....set off all the smoke alarms breaking in the new flue pipe & fresh paint....smoked up the whole shop. :cheers:

Stove001.jpg

Stove004.jpg

Stove006.jpg

Any information?

Were you ever able to get any information on this stove? I have a very similar stove but it has "LUMBERJACK" and "Stove-Works" on the from where yours has the name. But no UL or EPA info. I can find anything on this stove. The firebox is separated from the flu with a small exchanger, and my door folds down, instead of split and hinged like yours. I'd love to hook it up and fire it in the house but without the manufacturer info, I can't proceed.

Anything you have learned would be helpful.

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

Last edited:
I think it is a spin off of a fisher brand. There was a book written about the history of the fisher stoves and near the middle it talked about how dealers whould drop the fisher name and name it what ever so they didn't have to pay the royalties for the selling of the fisher stoves.

Looks like a good stove , I don't recommend the galvanized chimney should really be black pipe. Black pipe is rated for chimney applications wear galvanized pipe is rated for air ducting not high temp. Hate to see a chimney fire inside such a nice shop. Got to keep are AS members around.

Beefie

Fisher Stove/knock off

Beefie - Thanks for the heads up on this. Like motorseven I googled myself silly. Finally with the idea that it may be a Fisfer Stove (or similiar) I found paydirt. Here is a picture of one with similar features and dimensions and a manual someone had put up.View attachment 121176View attachment 121177 i am still looking for UL and EPA information, but i somehow doubt the insurance company and city inspector are going to allow me to hook it up and burn it. Bummer - It is a very nice stove. If you have any good news for me let us know! Thanks for everything so far!

Mag, no, I never found any other info on it. I am going to mod it, add a baffle and secondary burn tubes....should be a fun project for a shop stove. It does put out the heat, but eats wood.

City inspector....insurance company.....man you need to get the heck outa that place. I could live in a '53 Bluebird bus turned over in my front yard and heat it with a 55 gal drum turned into a stove............I love my county/state and my freedom!:cheers:

RD

So, winter is comming on strong, & i have been looking for a big wood stove for my 30x30' shop. I went to an auction today & bit on a big Buck Stove with a blower. Got it home, & had a msg from my neighbor. "Hey i have a old stove in the barn you can have". So i put the forks on the tractor & went & picked it up. It's a large heavy(1/4" plate) free standing stove. It has a big name plate on top that say's "TIMBER CGH Inc." 8" flue opening, double doors, brick lined. I'll post a pic tomorrow. I have seen these stoves around, but i googled my fingers raw & got nuttin, zero, zip. Am i missing something?, Is Timber the mod name?
I prefer the Timber to the Buck because i don't want a blower, but i may hang onto the Buck until i can fire the Timber up & see how it performs. Any info appreciated..........

RD
I know its a real old post, but heres what little i know: cg& h stoves were built by 3 bristol steel employees in the 70's. Cunningham, g (?), & hyatt were the mens last name. I have a single door stove as does my mother. Heats both homes well. Well built also. I'd have to talk to my uncle, as he knew the men who built them, to try to find out more info

pic.......I have what is essentially the same stove.Mine is called 'TIMBERLINE''.Many folks say it is a fisher knock off but where some fishers don't have a baffle, this one does.The major difference in looks from yours to mine is the set back from the front edge to the step up .On mine the step is only about 3 inches back from the front edge of the stove.A friend had the same stove and heated his entire house with it and an overhead fan.Minn is in my camp in NNY and it will drive you out at 40* below 0.They are incredable heaters provided they have the baffle.

Stove.jpg

Latest posts

Back