New member needs help with Echo CS-310 pouring oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voltedge

Reaction score
Hi,
Glad to find your forum and I hope that some of you may be able to help me with my little Echo CS-310 that literally pours the bar oil from the moment you fill the reservoir. I have found the problem I believe, but not sure if I replace the parts that appear to be causing the issue will solve the problem. Please look at the attached pics and notice where the oiler tube passes through the grommet on it's way to the auto oiler at the lower part of the pic. The oil leaks until it is all gone from the grommet, but I think this is really just a bad design that will fail again. Is there any other way around this such as JB Weld, silicone sealer or the such? I even thought of some type of metal tube or something to pass through from the oil reservoir to where you see the tube visible. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 2014-01-29 15.29.10.jpg
    2014-01-29 15.29.10.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 129
Hi and welcome I am not your man on this but sooner or later someone who does know will come along. At least this will pop you back up top on the page and start it over again. Good luck be patient help will arrive soon ! Jeff

Hi and welcome I am not your man on this but sooner or later someone who does know will come along. At least this will pop you back up top on the page and start it over again. Good luck be patient help will arrive soon ! Jeff

I've only owned an Echo weed eater, shrub trimmer, and a couple blower's. None of them had an oil reserve. But all the grommet's they used, " an assume oil used the same, sucked " The line out lasted them. Change out every year or so.......all you can do. Unless your me, I just got rid of all the Echo stuff. There well aware of the problem. Every Echo dealer will have the kit in stock.

I've only owned an Echo weed eater, shrub trimmer, and a couple blower's. None of them had an oil reserve. But all the grommet's they used, " an assume oil used the same, sucked " The line out lasted them. Change out every year or so.......all you can do. Unless your me, I just got rid of all the Echo stuff. There well aware of the problem. Every Echo dealer will have the kit in stock.

all my original grommets were great..... the aftermarket not so much,,,,, i cant really see the part your talking about on the saw.... it should have an adjustable oiler.....it will have a + or a - turn it toward minus that may help...... echos oil alot if set all the way up....

These saws are put together to meet a certain pricepoint and those generic grommets simply wear out. I'd drop a couple bucks on a new grommet and keep rocking for a few more years.

I added an arrow to your picture just so people can see the grommet that you're referring to.View attachment 330929

now i can see it..... i agree replace it a run it.... all my echos pee the bed....

The 310 does not have an adjustable oiler. The ones I have some experience all leaked a decent amount of oil. Never bothered to look into a fix. Figured it was just a gravity/capillary system. I looked up the grommet on Baileys and it is only a few bucks. I would check with a local echo dealer to avoid shipping (cost prohibitive from Baileys for this item).

The 310 does not have an adjustable oiler. The ones I have some experience all leaked a decent amount of oil. Never bothered to look into a fix. Figured it was just a gravity/capillary system. I looked up the grommet on Baileys and it is only a few bucks. I would check with a local echo dealer to avoid shipping (cost prohibitive from Baileys for this item).

no kidding all the echos i have ever had has them .....does that 370 have one? i had one of the first cs 310s that came out in my hands tuned it and sharpened the chain for a buddy thought it had one???left a heck of a puddle if i remember right.....

i leave a towel in the bottom of my echo cases in case i forget to pour it out..... they all leak ....except my cs 400 but its been awhile since i checked it...

Thanks everyone! I will get that grommet and keep on truckin '. That little saw has been a great one for me even though I put it through more than I should have. I just got a new Stihl MS-211 today with somekind of safety kit from Stihl with the chaps, helmet, gloves and safety glasses inside of a storage bag along with a 6 pack of their synthetic oil and a free Stihl ball cap for under $400.00 out the door at my local dealer. The city was pretty much shut down and I wandered in to see if they had some ice melting salt when the owner and the sales guy said I was one of the very few customers that they had today. I said to them that I must be the lucky winner then! As I said that, I was looking at a safety helmet from Stihl when we started in a conversation and he gave me over $100.00 off my total since it almost the end of the month and today was a bust. I'm still gonna fix my little Echo though since it's been so good to me through the years! Guess braving the dangerous ice was worth it after all.

2014-01-29-15-29-10-jpg.330929

Also have a look at your chain...it appears as though it may be on backwards.

Got a 310 as well, and yep, it dribbles a huge puddle constantly. Almost new too. Tried various oils with no luck, now I just leave it on the opposite side so oil would have to leak out the cap, which it won't.
Bought this for limbing small trees, and cleanups around the house, noticed an instant HUGE improvement in response with gutting the muffler and increasing outlet size, but it's a real cold blooded saw, despite multiple tunings it will not rev till its been running 10 seconds or so...really lean I feel, but open the L screw up even a little it will die when idling hot.
Got it cheap, easy to start, light, good anti vibe etc...but next saw this size will be a Stihl.

Got a 310 as well, and yep, it dribbles a huge puddle constantly. Almost new too. Tried various oils with no luck, now I just leave it on the opposite side so oil would have to leak out the cap, which it won't.
Bought this for limbing small trees, and cleanups around the house, noticed an instant HUGE improvement in response with gutting the muffler and increasing outlet size, but it's a real cold blooded saw, despite multiple tunings it will not rev till its been running 10 seconds or so...really lean I feel, but open the L screw up even a little it will die when idling hot.
Got it cheap, easy to start, light, good anti vibe etc...but next saw this size will be a Stihl.

Open the low adjuster a bit then turn the idle up some. I've been around saws that take a minute before they will rev, really wouldn't complain about 10 seconds but they start way better with the low open more. Steve

Yep, nice place here! I don't really plan on doing any really large cuts , hence the reason you don't see a larger displacement or longer bar saw in my avatar. I may end up eventually getting something in the line of the Farm Boss sized when I get to that point. Up until this year, my CS-310 cut it's heart off doing any task that I asked of it. Years ago, I had back surgery and can't handle the larger saws for long before they get my back feeling awful. That's why I got the 310. I needed something larger and got the CS-400 with the 18" bar and I just got the MS-211 Stihl a couple of days ago due to the great deal I got and the need for another one for my wife to help me with. I hope the Stihl and the newer Echo will be as good to me as the 310 has. Thanks for all of your help!

Latest posts

Back