ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

New start

Discussion in 'Employment Forum' started by beastmaster, May 9, 2014.

1. beastmaster

beastmaster Addicted to ArboristSite

Looking for a position in small quality tree service as a foreman/climber. Would relocate anywhere in the US for the right job. Have over thirty years experience in all phases of the tree business. There is nothen I can't climb, and I know every trick in the book I think, and can get the job done. Just went through a nasty divorce and look to make a new start somewhere thats not here.

RVALUE likes this.
  2. sac-climber

sac-climber ArboristSite Operative

Best of luck to you Beast. Sometimes a fresh start can bring new meaning to life. I think your headed in the right direction, it all works out eventually.

pbtree and ky044 like this.
  3. VA-Sawyer

VA-Sawyer Addicted to ArboristSite

Hey! I'm thinking you should set your goals just a bit higher. Perhaps think about the training job in Raleigh, NC. I think you may have the right attitude for the position.

4. beastmaster

Yesterday I interviewed with a company here in fort mohave Az. They say they want me for a foreman's position, and maybe sales to replace a guy who recently left for medical reasons. I was pretty happy about it, as I'm only a few dollars away from being broke, my trucks engine blew up pulling my trailer up the Cajon pass, it seemed like a God send.
    Then he tells me I can start at 10.00 an hour, and if I work out in six months or so hell kick me up to 12.00. Two months ago I'ed of laughed in his face, but things being what they are I have no choice but to take it and like it. Talk about swallowing ones pride. I feel about as low as I ever have in my life.

5. sac-climber

OMG :(.....

Is Mohave/Laughlin the area you want to be in?

6. beastmaster

Hell no this is the last place on earth I want to be brother. I can't believe they even have tree services out here. My father is out here and I got a girlfriend out here now too. I need to get a motor for my truck also. so I'm stuck here for at lest a few weeks at best, months at worst.

7. sac-climber

8. beastmaster

Yeah it's about 10 miles from the old homestead.

9. pro94lt

pro94lt Addicted to ArboristSite

Best of luck to you.

10. beastmaster

Talked to a guy in las Vaga about a job. I e mailed my resume to him. Its a 100 mile drive one way but at lest their offering a living wage.

11. jwade

jwade ArboristSite Operative

best of luck to you brother, they say everything works out for the best, i know its hard to see that right now. hope it all shakes out for you.

12. beastmaster

Yeah it'll work out in its own time, but I got faith itll be for the best in the long run. Ive even had a Company I called call me to do a palm tree out here. Even a little helps. Ive always done alright.I'm just inpatient. This desert sucks eggs though.

13. artvandalay

artvandalay New Member

hey wade
    It's Chris from East Ave., in Rancho. This is the only way I have of tracking you down. Sorry to hear about your recent bad luck, brother.
    I am going through the major landscape redo that I've been talking about for years, and could really use a right hand man. I could probably give you 2-3 weeks of work. call me ASAP, even if your not interested. if you don't have my #, reply here, and I'll send it over to you.

14. beastmaster

Hi be Chris, good to hear from you, I just got in from Az. last night. Was starving out there. Going to be renting a room(in the house I help pay for)from the ex. My phone got stolen out there and lost all my no# I have a few days already lined up for next week, but I'm interested. My new dumb phone no# 909-215-5943 If don't hear from you I swing on by your house in a day or two.
    That stone mason I was talking about is in town too.

15. isaaccarlson

isaaccarlson Addicted to ArboristSite

I feel for you Beastmaster. I went from doing removals myself and making $60/hr to working for a tree service and getting $16/hr and I am a ground man. I feel like I am in a cage.
    The company I work for really needs my help, but I feel like they don't see the need. Their saws are down and their guys need to improve their skills. I will give the current place a chance to use me, but if I can't get anywhere, I will be looking elsewhere. My problem is I can't find good kelp and I can't do it by myself anymore.

16. beastmaster

It been hard these last few months, if I could sing Ied be doing the blues. Doesn't matter how much experience you have. Very few people want to take a chance on a 56 year old tree man. Makes it even worse is I still feel 35. Every thing I own is spread out over two states, both my jeep and my truck aren't running, had to sell off my trailer I use to use for side jobs. Seem like some people get a kick out of kicking you when your down. That's ok the harder things get the more motivated I feel. If I give up i'll start feeling 56.
    I ultimately put my self in this position, poor choices, and thinking nothing could effect me. I'll get my self out of this situation if I don't end up dead or in prison first.

RVALUE likes this.
  17. mattfr12

mattfr12 The Bulldog

Beast im a long way aways but if i can help let me know. our climbers start in the mid 20's and hr

18. jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom It was a beautiful day!

I think he would be a great op's guy at a big company. Valley Crest and Brickman just merged, but he may not like being management.
    Jeff

19. sac-climber

Jeff, I think that merger is going to be an absolute cluster ****!

Sorry to hijack:)

jefflovstrom likes this.
  20. pbtree

pbtree Addicted to ArboristSite

Hang in there Beast - things will get better!