New to the sport/business.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunderfist

Reaction score
So I've fooled around with a friend 'a' mines hand me down spikes and rig off and on over the years, and i'm wanting to get my own set up. What rig set up do you like best? I've gotten a lot of stuff through Madsen's over the years but bang for the buck what works best for you? Its not something that would be my primary source of income but I do enjoy it. Flip lines? Saddles? Biners? Ascenders/descenders? Spurs? I'm trying to get a descent setup and get more into it and maybe make some cash on the side. I've got $900 budget. Currently I have a lot of climbing rope, top handle saw, a few small lanyards I made, and more than average experience in cutting trees. I would like your experience and advice to understand some of the idiosyncrasies of this industry. Thanks for the Help!

There's way too many different setups to pick just one. I have lots of different gear and climb Ddrt and Srt. Spurs and spurless. I like a saddle with a rope bridge and make my own lanyards. Not the rope, just add a micro pulley and prussic to my liking. I typically ascend Srt using either a Rope Runner or Rope Wrench with the Hitchclimber setup. Depending on the tree and work to be done I'll either work the tree Srt or swap over to Ddrt. Ddrt, my setup is the Hitchclimber setup.

Back