Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few red but no yellow, maybe I should catch up and get at least a few. What is the first one I should get??
That is a nice line up, what are they?
Starting from the left side of the picture.
The first 2 are Poulan 505.
The 3rd one is a Jonsered 2083
The 4th one with the full wrap is a Poulan 475
The 5th one is a Poulan 445.
I do have one more 505 that is not in this picture that I use on my mill.
They are all good runners.
The first one I would look for is the 505. Even if it has a bad piston but good cylinder you can fit a piston from a Stihl MS660. I think you would be very pleased with that combination.

Starting from the left side of the picture.
The first 2 are Poulan 505.
The 3rd one is a Jonsered 2083
The 4th one with the full wrap is a Poulan 475
The 5th one is a Poulan 445.
I do have one more 505 that is not in this picture that I use on my mill.
They are all good runners.
The first one I would look for is the 505. Even if it has a bad piston but good cylinder you can fit a piston from a Stihl MS660. I think you would be very pleased with that combination.
Arent they all Jonsered saws? thought the 505 is a2083 clone and the 475 a 2077 clone. The 445, I'm not sure of.

Arent they all Jonsered saws? thought the 505 is a2083 clone and the 475 a 2077 clone. The 445, I'm not sure of.
Per an old post by Saw Troll:

The 445 was a Partner design, made at the Husky factory in Sweden. Although they were made at the Husky factory there was no Husky version - only Partner 710 and Poulan Pro 445 for this one (71 cc), but Jonsered as well for the larger cc models.

Yep Partner design made in the Husqvarna plant labeled under Poulan Partner Jonsered.

Magnus
Its one of those discussions there is no wrong in. This is a Partner project to begin with.
Partner and Jonsered merged in Jonsered and had this project going before the engineers from Partner/Jonsered got moved to Husqvarna were all engineers was mixed and got projects of any of the brands within Elux.
A buddy of mine was working in Husqvarna a few years before this and at the time they got merged designed something on the saws as well.

Partner design made in the husqvarna plant. poulan 415 425 445 475 505 jred 2077 2083 2083ii partner 7700 710 660

p445fww.jpg

Poulan 415 425 445 475 505 clutch cover metal SOLD

Jonsered 2077 with air injection cylinder SOLD.
Gave the used piston to them just because I dont do the 52mm.

NOS Poulan clutch cover metal SOLD

Lot of stuff pending and holding for folks.

My last 2 runners are first 415 that was sold new with partner air filter cover and the updated tanks and air filter set ups. Then my first 445 and both at lost fights to trees before I got them and redneck the busted case areas. Both topends still like new etc.
Once their gone I then will be selling of the NLA hard to get parts too.

pcoverused.jpgpcoverusedd.jpgpcoverszz.jpgj2077pc.jpg

The only old saw that I would like to have and I have only seen a picture is a old mac that has the engine and the gas tank is a round one hanging on the handle bar. Though it was cool looking. Don't know if poulan made anything like it or not. I will do some looking for a number.
I found some kitchen cabinets that I am putting in the corner of my shop. Hope they will get some of the stuff off the floor and the bench. About 5 feet each side of the lazy Susan. Speaking of her, she won't even help clean up. Lazy thing.

Back