No Husky 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOOTLEGGER

Reaction score
Hi, This is my first time posting and hope someone may be able to help me. I went to my local Husky dealer to buy a model 55, but he told me they are no longer being made. I also called Alimia, they said they may be able to special order one. I am probably going to get a 55 Ranch and would like to know if the only differance is the chain pitch. If I just get the Rancher with a .325 will I have a normal 55?

Bootlegger, I just bought another 55 and a 261 this past friday for those very same reasons. One of our local John Deere dealers stopped selling Huskys and switched over to the green John Deere saws. He had three 55s and the one 261 left. I missed a 262XP by one hour. The regular 55 has smart start and the .325 chain as you have stated. I have heard that it also has better torque. I can just tell you that it feels good in my hands. I had two of thwm before and sold them after I bought the 371 and the 261XP. The 55 is just light enough with the right amount of torque to make it feel good.I am also waiting to here Husky mans results with his madsen muffler. The dealer here has three 55s left at a price of $304. If I can help you let me know as other dealers in the area also have one 55 or the other.

Thanx Gary, Did your dealer also say that the 55 was no longer made. Think I might call Alamia and just have them order me one. Just hoping to find out if it is worth the trouble or if getting a Rancher with a .325 would do. The 55 must be a good saw if you have owned one and are going back for more. This is my first real saw, I just cut firewood and build a little log furniture for myself. Thanx again for the reply

I am surprised the dealers are all running out of 55's already. I am guessing there will be no replacement, just the 351. I wonder if they will lower the price of it to that of the 55. Bootlegger the 55 Rancher does not have the decompression valve like the 55 and slightly different port timing. It should do great for your purposes however. With the 3/8 chain that it comes with do not exceed 18" of bar length.

Gary John Walker said the muffler was getting done today so it will take about a week to get it. (???? customs)

Back