Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can come over but you must host a charity cut or GTG.

[emoji48]

That might actually happen someday; things are changing on the home front. My father-in-law just passed, I will probably be expected to maintain the old property. 60 some acres on an 8/10ths of a mile long property occupying a very isolated valley. I can see myself wanting to something with it.

Northernmost street in Kansas City, Mo.

I set a bonfire on the n side of the road once; KCFD & Smithville fire departments showed up to put it out. They argued with each other for about 15 minutes, trying to decide who had to get their equipment dirty putting out the fire. KCFD ended up doing it. I apparently built the fire right on top of the city line, 206ft N of the centerline of the road.

I suppose it would be best to call the county dispatch and warn them ahead that one plans a bonfire. It would save them fielding fire calls from your neighbors.[emoji848]

Actually...the call came in from KCI airport. Their radar system triangulated our smoke plume and they dispatched the fire department. It was quite a bonfire. I thought we had it pretty well hidden down in the valley, but I was wrong.

I don’t call 911. I have Buchanan, Platte and Clinton county dispatch in my phone directory.

Prolly should add Donaphin county Kansas.

Then you can request directly what department or help you need. Police, sheriff, Fire Dept Mo highway patrol or ambulance.

You really ought to go back to 911 and keep the other numbers as a backup. There are a lot of features present for a 911 call taker that aren't present on the other lines. If, on the other hand, you are getting to the same call dispatch center, why not just call 911?

A couple times it was necessary to have a 'wellness check' on a person. In that case its better to call the dispatch center in the county they reside.

Our son Michael is bipolar and goes off his meds.

And, I threaten Mo.Jim with a wellness check if he goes off my radar.

i'm stuck at the same spot with a 79 450 from my father that I was using well until I put it down 10 years ago... when I was ready to stand it back up, I expected to clear fuel/oil and maybe replace lines and rebuild carb. I did all that, filters and screens and carb were not gunked but I did the full rebuild/replacement. I finally gave over to pulling the airbox to inspect the seal around the impulse line and replace the impulse line... it was old/soft but seemed intact (replaced it on principle). I'm still not getting clean run after start with prime... full choke keeps it going (albeit choked) longer. Basically very fuel starved. I can't feel impulse on line (awkward) and haven't scared up a vacuum guage yet.

Seals are mentioned here and short of a complete teardown of the crankcase, how can I tell? In any case I'm not finding source for the parts I would need?

Back