Old 045 Rebuid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi folks, I rebuilding an 045 Stihi saw with 20 inch bar. I am having trouble getting the tank seperated from the motor. I should clarify that it is not just the tank but basicaly the back of the saw that seperates from the engine. There is a rubber mount on the left side of the engine, just in front of the fuel tank and I can't find a screw holding it. If anyone has a break down or a diagram that shows the proper way to get this seperated I would appreciate the help. The old girl has good compression and spark, but the plug wire has a poor splice with duct tape. I hate splicing wires it normally is a problem waiting to happen. The wire runs down the back of the tank it looks pretty long. I hope it is a replaceable type when I get to the bottom of it. Any advise or info on an 045 would be helpful!!

The Hoosier

hey johnb i am also working on an 045(045 avs)and ihope this may help.that rubber bushing on the top left is actually 2 pieces.one screws into the other.if you pull the rubber back a little you'll see you can get a wrench on it.hope that helps.

Almost apart

Thanks Sonny, I did find the two screws that are hid in the small wholes through the casting. That part seems loose now just that rubber mount is holding it. The Hoosier

The hidden screw

Hi Tinman, I took a closer look at that rubber mount and it does look like it has two flat sides like a bolt. It has to be the only thing holding it other than the intake tube. How is your saw comming?? Anyother suprises that I might find??

The Hoosier:

yeah - might cost alot to rebuid would be my first guess. i would buy a husqvarna 136 from lowes and outcut the non-running saw. but hey i just wanna cut wood..:p

thats what I like about you Otto..can always count on something spewing out of your mouth in the orange fashion...cant you leave anyone alone..? lmao...

-I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with 'Guess' on it. So I said, "Implants?"

Back