Jonsered 820 Fuel Line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscardawg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My old 820 will not crank, and after taking the cover off, I realized that the fuel line coming off the tank with in-line filter was disconnected.

My problem is thatI have searched all over the saw and cannot find a port where it should connect. The carburetor only has two nipples, one on the top running from the engine and the other running back to the fuel tank. Both of which were connected.

Does anyone have any pictures of diagrams of where the main fuel like would connect to?

Attachments

• 8718C9A2-EBC0-46D5-98CB-6CDB42C790F7.jpeg
    8718C9A2-EBC0-46D5-98CB-6CDB42C790F7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Impulse line to the top of the carb- check.
Fuel line to the nipple on the side of the carb- check.

This other line you are having issue with is the fuel tank vent line that comes out of the "filter" you mention which is the one way valve system and sit in the airbox on the left when viewed from the rear of the saw, the line from the top of it, loops over the carb and down on the front right of the airbox to exit in the rebate for the rear wrap handle fixing positions.
Basically it is a line to carry atmospheric pressure air to the tank rather than pulling from the airbox internals- but should not cause any real life problems with the saws ability to fire up or run.

Impulse line to the top of the carb- check.
Fuel line to the nipple on the side of the carb- check.

This other line you are having issue with is the fuel tank vent line that comes out of the "filter" you mention which is the one way valve system and sit in the airbox on the left when viewed from the rear of the saw, the line from the top of it, loops over the carb and down on the front right of the airbox to exit in the rebate for the rear wrap handle fixing positions.
Basically it is a line to carry atmospheric pressure air to the tank rather than pulling from the airbox internals- but should not cause any real life problems with the saws ability to fire up or run.
Bob, thank you… since I posted, I realized that I had mistaken the actual fuel line as a return… it all makes sense now that you explained what’s what!

I’ll have to keep digging to see why she won’t run.

Back