Old Homelite C-7 worth saving? Anyone have parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John in MA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Another day, another new chainsaw. Pulled a red Homelite C-7 out of the local metal bin. It's the biggest saw I've seen around here so far. About 5.5 CID, right? (Anyone know year or specs?) It has great compression, good spark, and the 20" beaver-tail bar isn't damaged.

The catch? Everything else is wrong. It seems to have been squashed at some point. Every cast MG part except for the recoil housing/shroud and oil tank is damaged. Gas tank, both sides of the crankcase, handle, and air filter cover.

I'd really like to save it as a collectible or for big jobs. So, does anyone here have parts that would fit a C-7 lying around? I guess what I'm really looking for is a parts saw that threw a rod or something. I don't need the carb, piston, innards, and all the small parts. Only the big castings, and I don't care what cosmetic condition they're in. This isn't a high-priority project and I don't have lots of cash, so all the usual parts channels are out.

Just want to see this beast live to scare my SXL-925.

Thanks

C 7 Chain Saw

Hi John I would like to know what the air filter cap looks like on the very long sides. do they have notches that run on the left & right sides.?Give me a note... Thanks Aaron Francisco

I don't have a clue. The filter cover on this one was missing. You have a C-9, don't you?

C 7 Chain Saw

Hi John yes I have A C-5 & C-9 I'm just wondering what the third one of mine is maybe its an older model of one I already have it has those notches on the side of the air filter cover.

need to keep all these old babies running. hope everyone is off to a good start, for the new year, down to 17 deg here in tn.need a coil for a c-5. does a c-5, c-7, c-9 take the same coil? aaron where are you in tn.? i live near knox. thanks, nfp

17 degrees that is a heat wave up in my area right now. it is colder than a bastard while i was cutting the other day. but i almost think that those 3 saws do use the same coil. but i am not all that cetrin on that. either way thanks can be doen to make it work. i know this old guy that used to rewind coils. he dosen't do it anymore cause he says that he shakes to much to do it any more. i am trying to talk him into showing me how to do it.

Back