Old Muscle, Your Favourite Sounding Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, it would be a Mac SP60.

I’ve mentioned this saw before, my Dad had it when I was young, the saw that I learned to cut with. It was an early SP60, pre chain brake, yellow top, Helluva saw for it’s time.

Dad traded it off to a Friend, years ago, Mark passed away quite awhile back and Bonnie has remarried, and I have lost touch with her. My Hope is that old Mac is forgotten in a corner of her garage, and that some day, it will return home.
Dad will be 82 this year, and is still doing very well, but there is no avoiding the Future, I would Love to have his old saw back, it is kinda my Holy Grail to track down, may have to settle for “A” Mac SP60, instead of “THE” Mac SP60.
But I still haven’t given up Hope yet

I Loved the sound of that Ol Mac

Doug

For me, it would be a Mac SP60.

I’ve mentioned this saw before, my Dad had it when I was young, the saw that I learned to cut with. It was an early SP60, pre chain brake, yellow top, Helluva saw for it’s time.

Dad traded it off to a Friend, years ago, Mark passed away quite awhile back and Bonnie has remarried, and I have lost touch with her. My Hope is that old Mac is forgotten in a corner of her garage, and that some day, it will return home.
Dad will be 82 this year, and is still doing very well, but there is no avoiding the Future, I would Love to have his old saw back, it is kinda my Holy Grail to track down, may have to settle for “A” Mac SP60, instead of “THE” Mac SP60.
But I still haven’t given up Hope yet

I Loved the sound of that Ol Mac

Doug

Buckin Billy Ray has a 394 with sone sort of a little straight pipe that sounds great for a new saw. I enjoy his stuff but there’s no way possible to keep up with the amount of clips that he puts out.
Yes I commented on one of his videos what a great guy he is and the awesome messages he shares, but I find his content hard to follow. More often than not I’ll manage 5 minutes before turning it off or I’ll skip large sections to get to the content that interests me.

Root:

f6d1f33d63556139b77db4b468e11dc1.jpg

557deaf269cf7e555c31970b541a4822.jpg

Watch fire leave the cylinder.

For some reason the sound of that saw reminds me of fall back when I was a kid when people were cutting firewood for the winter. What's the vintage of that saw?
Info online says 660 super started in 1963. I traded that saw towards another one and I'm working on getting it back.

Back