Opinions on a John Deere 260 skid steer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyexpress976

nipple fritters
Reaction score
I've seen them for sale ranging from 7k all the way up to 22k. What's a fair price for a 7-8 year old machine with roughly 2500 hours on it? Anyone have experience with one of these? Other manufacturers with machines in this size range that you guys have used? I also checked out a bobcat 553. A little small but I probably coulda made it work. Looking for the good bad and ugly. I realize this isn't the biggest or most powerful skid out there. I do small scale landscaping, tree removal (duh), and snow removal. As far as snow goes, the machine would be used to clear parking spaces and loading a bulk salt spreader. Not doing the entire lot by itself, just backing up the truck and handling the tight spots. I have a ramrod 900T mini skid that has served me well. I'm not getting rid of it because it's a dang handy tool to have in the arsenal. It just doesn't have the legs for some of the work that has been coming my way so I think it's time to move up.

Back