• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PayPal users PLEASE BE AWARE!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earache

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have caught flack from sellers and buyers for not wanting to use paypal as a form of payment. I have not used my paypal account for a while now, and decided to not purchase things any more via paypal as there is just too much risk. If they won't take my check and wait for it to clear, so be it. Well, I was hacked today. Christmas Eve. I was in my bow stand trying to get some relaxation time and get away from debt, and the status quo of the holiday, and got a text message from paypal. I didn't believe it so I ignored it. I then received a email from a John Langdon that said I payed him money via paypal. I ignored that too. I then reluctantly logged in to my paypal and sure enough, someone had added a card and added an address. Neither of which were my doing. I'm not saying to not use any form of payment that you are comfortable with, just be aware.
BTW, thank you Brett for accepting my form of payment.
Happy Holidays.

Sorry to hear that.
There is really no way to be 100% safe, as scammers will continue to scam whether it will be through the internet, or even face to face. The big difference is the internet now gives them more points at which to come at us which means we need to be even more vigilant about it.
I understand why folks don't want to deal with certain payment types as I've been taken too. I do the best I can to watch out for myself and others in all my transactions, but things happen.
There is a reason why I'm pretty particular about asking who you want the saw shipped through/if you want insurance/how much insurance/and if you want a signature. I shipped a saw to a buddy and the saw was supposedly delivered, but he had no saw, if the carrier had delivered it he would have know. After talking to the carrier and they "confirmed it had been delivered" the uphill battle began. Good thing was a few days in someone stopped by and dropped the package off, nice guy :). It's important to ask buyers if there is a specific carrier they would like you to use, or any they don't want you to use as some are good at certain things(such as across the boarder or out of the country) or areas of the country, and are not in other things or areas of the country.
Thanks for sharing and hope you get it squared away quickly,
Brett

Merry Christmas

Thanks I will keep an eye out!!
done tons of PayPal transactions,, I have not had any issues, I knw your email is your form of payment linked to PayPal,, to do any changes to your acc they need your password, is any of your passwords aces on your phone or pc in notes or an non secure area on your devices Incase you forget?? Best thing is write all passwords on paper for a hard copy in safe place at home,

If your passwords are in your email it cold of been hacked there as well

Just trying to help [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not have any of my passwords stored anywhere. Idk if they even need a password as obviously they got in without it.
Thank you.

I can't even remember the last time I used paypal. I think it was about two years ago when I purchased a 372 from Ryan. Hard telling where those people get the info from as I don't think any of it is secured.

Back