Picked up a new vender

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The owner of Texas Original pits stopped by last week saying he needed a new wood source for his retail outlets.
He bought 50 bags on the first order, and he said he could keep me busy and I better start gearing up.
It's still early but maybe this could be a good thing.
He approached me a few years ago but we couldn't strike a deal. He wanted to much of a discount and I wouldn't budge from my price. Looks like things have changed. My price now is actually higher then it was when we talked before. I stood firm and he finely caved in and met my price.

Soooo. where are you in Texas? we might be able to do some business together

Before you gear up, did he sign a legal contract meeting your price? After you gear up, he has you in his bag. Seen that before.

Before you gear up, did he sign a legal contract meeting your price? After you gear up, he has you in his bag. Seen that before.
Not only contract price, but the contract should include a commitment to purchase X amount over Y period of time.

You could sweeten the deal with a referral discount too - for every one of your NEW customers who mentions an ad placed in his BBQ joint, he gets a free {fill in the blank}. Obviously the referred customer would want some sort of discount too (could be a 1 time percentage off of the first order, free delivery on the first order, whatever - get creative).

I have been down that road before. I prefer to keep it simple. I'm not changing anything until he starts ordering on a regular basis. Right now I have enough inventory to keep him supplied until I see how much he orders.
For now it's gonna be cash and carry until he starts ordering a lot more wood.

Valley, sorry I was out setting machines yesterday. SB47......If you are interested PM me or email but I have a machine going into Galveston Island State Park and my guy out of Kirbyville says it is too far so looking for someone trustworthy in the area to supply. Should be a goldmine as they have camp sites right on the beach and allow beach bonfires

Valley, sorry I was out setting machines yesterday. SB47......If you are interested PM me or email but I have a machine going into Galveston Island State Park and my guy out of Kirbyville says it is too far so looking for someone trustworthy in the area to supply. Should be a goldmine as they have camp sites right on the beach and allow beach bonfires

Sent you a PM

Back