• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Poulan 3400 - Parts/Project saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioRich

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought this saw and the previous owner said it would only run on 1/2 choke. I cleaned the carb, put in a new carb kit, and new fuel filter and it now runs fine. Except that I found it has bad crank bearings.

Any body interested in this for parts or rebuild?

Asking $60 plus shipping or pickup in Columbus, Ohio

Starter.jpg

Brake.jpg

Bottom.jpg

top.jpg

Front.jpg

Piston3.jpg

Piston2.jpg

Piston1.jpg

Yeap good price and fair on the shipping but im out as of right now.checked funds and im low on money to operate on right now.wish gas was $1.00 a gallon again.I could then feed my cad instead of my truck.lol

So...I don't claim to be an expert, but I this looks more like a 3800 to me than a 3400. I thought all the 3400 had green tops.

I have a 3400. That looks like a later model than mine. Color looks really green compared to mine. Top (air filter cover) on mine is same color as housings(green). Mine is all original (cosmetically not very nice). It was my main firewood saw that was given to me by my father-in-law. Thinking about restoring it an putting it on a shelf. Wouldn't mind having this one 3400 or 3800!

is this saw still available?

I still have it. After posting this, I found that the crank was walking side to side. Saw has been taken completely apart. Appears to be a brass bushing as the crank bearings are good. I haven't looked for the parts so it is still torn apart.

I still have it. After posting this, I found that the crank was walking side to side. Saw has been taken completely apart. Appears to be a brass bushing as the crank bearings are good. I haven't looked for the parts so it is still torn apart.
Believe you are looking at the thrust washers. They would not cause a side to side crank movement but a in to out movement.

You wasted a lot of time tearing that saw down, those cranks always have some side to side play in them, even when new. Measure your thrust bushings against new ones and you will find very little if any at all on them.

Back