Poulan 6900 Professional rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Maxey

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Greetings all,
I have a desire to resurrect my Poulan 6900 Professional that was my first chainsaw out of high school. The piston and cylinder need replaced as the cylinder is scored. Everything else seems to be in order and it is a well built and rugged saw(a little heavy too). Does anyone know where I could find parts for this old beast or know of a piston/cylinder swap that would work? 20180117_195507.jpg 20180117_195656.jpg

Check into the forum advertisers, especially Baileys, chainsawr, and a few others.

It might be new enough that its just a carbon copy of a Husqvarna? really though you should be asking these questions in the chainsaw forum... little farther down the list.

If its really new, like less then 10 years old then its probably not worth fixing, as the poulans are incredibly cheap to buy, and a rebuild is going to be well over the price of a new saw.

Yep 6900, 7700, and 8500 are the same family of saws. Darn stout old saws. 7700 cylinder and piston will work and give it a few more ponies.

If you decide to sell it I would make a fair offer.
Thank you for passing that along and I am excited to get it revamped and running again! I will try to remember to update here and will let you know if I change my mind and want to sell it.

Thank you for passing that along and I am excited to get it revamped and running again! I will try to remember to update here and will let you know if I change my mind and want to sell it.

I expect you will not want to sell it. If you need any help the guys in the poulan thread are pretty good guys. They are more knowledgeable on this series saw than I am.

@Acornhill probably has every part you would need to rehab that old workhorse. That 6900 is like the upgraded 4200 which I have three of (bc there that awesome lol). 69cc powerhouse. When you get that one all fixed up find the 7700 and 8500.
Thanks and I will likely be in contact with him soon! I remember it being a really strong saw and look forward to bringing it back to life.

Did you ever get this saw running? I just picked one up and man, she is a powerhouse. I'd put it against anything new.
cbb2c59d9ae6aaf17a3ea3b28be113c5.jpg
1b8dced269e07043c865a577995182e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not yet, it kind of hit the back burner as I'm currently rebuilding my 660. I do believe you may have re-inspired me though!

Not yet, it kind of hit the back burner as I'm currently rebuilding my 660. I do believe you may have re-inspired me though!
I'm a Homelite guy but man, this saw is amazing. 69cc acting like its 85cc! I think it's about the best 70cc performer I've cut with.
d69457ff477b83c9405b681d37da70ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back