Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She just does not understand. Those poor saws need attention too. :cry: At least wrap them in a blankie if you have to take them outside! :cold: If they get too cold they might get sick.

I keep thinking if I reorganize the garage I might just be able to free up some shelf space or make room for new shelves for more saws.

I figure if I keep getting the same color green saws, my wife won't realize when I pick up another one:)

She just does not understand. Those poor saws need attention too. :cry: At least wrap them in a blankie if you have to take them outside! :cold: If they get too cold they might get sick.

I keep thinking if I reorganize the garage I might just be able to free up some shelf space or make room for new shelves for more saws.

lol. I was thinking about using an electric blanket but don't want to burn the shed down.

Yeah I can't leave well enough alone either. Only difference with me vs you guys is I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Assuming you run the saw until all fuel is gone, what are some issues that could develop with it sitting? I tried to store my Makita in the downstairs bathroom but my wife freaked out and took it outside. So, the saw will have to live in the unheated shed. Supposedly she smelled gasoline but I think it was really bar oil she was smelling. The Poulan is in the bathroom though but it may be kicked out too.

Also, do you think I need one of those pressure test thingies? I probably don't have enough saws to warrant one though.

If I'm really ambitious after idling the saw dry I like to spray some cylinder foggier in the spark plug hole. Not sure it helps but it might keep the rings from sticking while being stored.

I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking of selling a saw so I can have some cash to play with when I'm looking for other saws. I'm just not sure which one to sell if I do, I'm thinking one of the 3400's?
There is 2 3400's a 245A and 2 5200's. I'll cut with all of them so it's not a collector thing. Thoughts?

20141125_233812.jpg

I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking of selling a saw so I can have some cash to play with when I'm looking for other saws. I'm just not sure which one to sell if I do, I'm thinking one of the 3400's?
There is 2 3400's a 245A and 2 5200's. I'll cut with all of them so it's not a collector thing. Thoughts?

View attachment 394343

I think you should sell one of the 5200s. How far away are you from MD?

Anybody have a picture of the fuel relief part for the 245A gas cap? Mine is missing and when I try and start the saw I get a bunch of fuel out the top of the cap hole.

At least on this thread, I don't foresee anyone letting go of a 5200.... :)

Yeah you're probably right. I need to find someone that has no clue what they have.

You ever have luck buying Poulans from small engine shops? I've been thinking about checking a few places out (there's several near me) but I figured what's the point. If a repair shop has saws lying around that means they couldn't fix it or the repair cost more than the saw. Also, the repair guy will know a lot more than I so if he can't do it I surely can't.

Yeah you're probably right. I need to find someone that has no clue what they have.

You ever have luck buying Poulans from small engine shops? I've been thinking about checking a few places out (there's several near me) but I figured what's the point. If a repair shop has saws lying around that means they couldn't fix it or the repair cost more than the saw. Also, the repair guy will know a lot more than I so if he can't do it I surely can't.

You can try that, but mostly you'll probably find parts because if a shop has it laying around it's probably because something major is wrong with it.

People are just ridiculous - there's a guy on ebay trying to pass off a Craftsman 3.0 that's really 3400's as a 4000. He must know that model number is kinda hard to find and cross reference. I asked for the model number because you could not read it inn the listing and I get the model number with "same machine as a 4000" . So I sent a reply correcting him with the cross ref p/c part numbers. I know I won't get a rely back and the saw will remain listed unchanged. That kinda crap irritates the s*** out of me. You know what they say about karma- It will nail him 10 fold.

Back