Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also like things that go bang, and you suck, lol. Looks like a nice setup and should make for some fun times

It's not a pricey rifle but I aint a pricey person. Good enough for me.

If I dont keep it I may trade it in with my brother the gun dealer. ;)

Traded some 50cc saws I redid. Left front and right rear.

sawsfs.jpg

Put half a tank through in some nasty old gum still running happy kinda wish I left some ring on the ends a bit but then again it will run for many years this way at least. For the lack of compression still has plenty snot. It just feels strange to pull over as all the air go's though those big gaps. Iv got a mac 800 that is 1 hell of an effort to push over even slowly allmost like it has no gap at all. seems odd when there both thin ring chrome bore saws of a similar era.

How much gap did you finish up with. Those 77 rings are not going to fit the bore like a stock ring, but they will brake in over time and your comp will go up so don't worry about it. Keep a little extra oil in the mix. The seals can be changed anytime. So happy that you have it running again

Is that a echo cs302 under the bench?

It is a 315 and a 500vl beside it. Solid we saws.

How much gap did you finish up with. Those 77 rings are not going to fit the bore like a stock ring, but they will brake in over time and your comp will go up so don't worry about it. Keep a little extra oil in the mix. The seals can be changed anytime. So happy that you have it running again

Thanks todd I wound up with 084 so about 024 effective. Yea I spose it will get better yet. I'm running 32 to 1 and fairly rich on the needles. Yea the seals are proving a piss around I'll just order some online the old ones are still really nice and I know its kind of a sin but they really were unharmed and no leaks before the tear down.

You are right on with everything, should be a runner for a long time. Hope you find another saw that catches your eye so you can tell us about your new project.
Thanks mate yea I've got soon to be three 10-10s building 2 out of I've got a pm800 getting an old style muffler on it and a pm700 will be next for rings but no poulan saws :( . I'm trying to get a wee micro off the nabour but he's being difficult at this stage haha. I'm watching and asking around hoping for a 3400 or 3700 1 day. Going to see a man tonyt with a shed full of you name it saws and he's a scrap dealer/wheeler dealer/if it sells dealer haha so mite score something yet

8573EC7A-E25A-4518-9646-E6F215A5CA93.jpeg

Bored. So dug into the green 4000. Quick bath threw the parts washer and she’s ready for assembly again. The plastic manifold was barely attached to the cylinder, one bolt backed all the way out and the other not far behind it. Looks like someone tried siliconong it to the cylinder. Is there a paper gasket that goes here? And I guess carb to manifold gets a gasket as well?

Thx

Yea they do have paper gaskets. While its off tidy up that bend on the inside of that manifold carb adapter thingy. It's not very nice and doesnt point into the cylinder very straight also had some casting flash in there. Did it give me any gains? .. ... probably not but I couldn't help my self

Back