Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you heard that before? Well deserved? :ices_rofl:

Don't worry I have had Macs before, but I'm happy to say I have been Mac free for years and years.,

Hahaha sure have often followed by a back hand if we didn't cut it out lol

Too loud? Too shaky? Tooo ummm yellowy?

I got a nice 4000 out of Vancouver Wa years ago, my daughter lives there and shipped it too me. I can't get them there anymore, it seems to cost about $300 to ship one from there now. (I'm exaggerating a little bit)
Hi Mark, that might be the 4000 I got from you and am still running the crap out of.

Sounds like you heard that before? Well deserved? :ices_rofl:

Don't worry I have had Macs before, but I'm happy to say I have been Mac free for years and years.,

Mark, Is there a support group for being Mac Free? Do you get medallions to carry?

I can envision the group gathering now as one stands and says, I was addicted, I used to own Macs and could not feel my hands. LOL

Who's buying that 4000?
I’m going to see if he will ship it. If it was spring or summer I would take the wife and make a scenic trip out of it, but this time of year I would rather not travel over the mountains. The idiots on the wet side of the state can’t drive in the snow, one or two bad spin outs and they will close the pass.

That would be nice if you can get the 4000 , they are a great saw and easier than the big saws to work on.
I would like to know who has the adds in craigslist that always wants to buy the big saws and they show you a picture of a 5200. I have tried several times to get a answer to my question, do you have any that you want to sale. There is a add up in your area and one in mine.

How far of a drive is the 4000 from you. Good luck

That would be nice if you can get the 4000 , they are a great saw and easier than the big saws to work on.
I would like to know who has the adds in craigslist that always wants to buy the big saws and they show you a picture of a 5200. I have tried several times to get a answer to my question, do you have any that you want to sale. There is a add up in your area and one in mine.

How far of a drive is the 4000 from you. Good luck
It’s about a 2.5 hr drive one way. I haven’t seen the Craigslist Poulan ad, but I did see one asking to buy Macs. I’ll have to dig a little further

Think I learned something today. That one full wrap 415 I had bought had come from a fire department. It had a cut back half and the large spike trimmed down. Never thought anything about it till I seen this poulan 415 ventmaster.

It dont have the cut clutch cover like one I bought, but same trimmed down large spike bumper on the full wrap. Same d-ring handle on both. Shows the b+c set up used and stickers. Then one I bought awhile back.

p415vm.jpg p415ventmaster.jpg p415ff.jpg p415fff.jpg p415f.jpg

Think I learned something today. That one full wrap 415 I had bought had come from a fire department. It had a cut back half and the large spike trimmed down. Never thought anything about it till I seen this poulan 415 ventmaster.

It dont have the cut clutch cover like one I bought, but same trimmed down large spike bumper on the full wrap. Same d-ring handle on both. Shows the b+c set up used and stickers. Then one I bought awhile back.

View attachment 801742 View attachment 801743 View attachment 801744 View attachment 801746 View attachment 801747

I have cut several sets of spikes like that . I cut them way back to just protect the face of the saw some. Never needed spikes on a saw. I want access to the full bar lenght.

It’s about a 2.5 hr drive one way. I haven’t seen the Craigslist Poulan ad, but I did see one asking to buy Macs. I’ll have to dig a little further

Good God man!!! I almost drive that far occasionally for groceries. If I was 6 hrs from the saw instead of on the other side of the USA, I would be showing you photos of it on my bench.

I have cut several sets of spikes like that . I cut them way back to just protect the face oj the saw some. Never needed spikes on a saw. I want access to the full bar lenght.

I had thought this was a homemade job too. Till I seen the ventmaster that just sold.

Here is what they started with.

Plus you got to have the inner one on these to run the full wrap for mount.

p505wcd.jpg

Good God man!!! I almost drive that far occasionally for groceries. If I was 6 hrs from the saw instead of on the other side of the USA, I would be showing you photos of it on my bench.
Congratulations.

Way I figure shipping is going to cost about the same amount as fuel so why not. Also I already explained why I would rather not travel the pass this time of year. I don’t know about you, but spending 8 or 18 hours stuck in my rig on the pass because some dumb leftist can’t drive or WSDOT is clearing avalanches doesn’t sound fun to me. And believe me I’ve had to do it before. Not fun.

Contacted the owner of the 4000 no dice on PayPal or shipping the saw. Might just have to bite the bullet.

Shame he is no dice on PayPal. The only way I would deal with an unknown at distance, is by PayPal and the 3% extra if needed, By seller. Using full psypal would be worth the piece of mind, if seller decided not to ship.

Buyer protection only applies for full expensive service, friends and family is truly sending a gift.

Anyone ever seen a 4000 with the black handle, I can't remember if I have.

I'm sure I have but it also had the later decals with the black. Does this mean it could be a built saw? Which could be a good thing. Perhaps had a 4000 that had a crash or something and used a later 3400-3800 donor saw

Latest posts

Back