Project "Partner"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was given a "Partner 1655" that was destined for the rubbish tip if I didn't grab it, I cant find any info for "1655" it looks close to a F55. It was low on compression, the exhaust side of the piston is badly scored.
I managed to get another piston/cylinder from Scott (Chainsawr) after fitting them it fired right up 3rd pull.
This is the first Partner I've had their very easy to work on.

apartMedium.jpg

oldpistonMedium.jpg

rhMedium-26.jpg

lhMedium-23.jpg

rMedium.jpg

Nice looking saw. Good job on saving it from the scrap. I never heard of a 1655 either. Im thinking it's a 55a. Maybe it came with a 16" bar and they called it a 1655?? I could be wrong though. Great job! :cheers:

Thanks, I think 1655 is the export model number, saw troll will probably know.

Must be an aussie only model, I"ve never seen a partner 1655. The color scheme and model number probably refer to a Skil saw. Skil sold a few models as rebadged partners. You might have a rare one there, it's not listed in Acres site either. Magnus from the collectors forum might know.

Must be an aussie only model, I"ve never seen a partner 1655. The color scheme and model number probably refer to a Skil saw. Skil sold a few models as rebadged partners. You might have a rare one there, it's not listed in Acres site either. Magnus from the collectors forum might know.

This is what Magnus said about it,
This is one of the last saws of R16 series.
Sold as a farmer saw and also as Norlett 1655 if I am not misstaken.
Export only...

It looks to have been made for the Amercian market.
decMedium.jpg

Nice looking saw - I love those old Partners. Had an R30 that nearly tore my arm off when starting it. Hope you get some use out of it.
Al.

Thanks guys, It looks like the last owner had the carb set too lean H 3/4 out, there was also a lot of very fine sawdust behind the chain cover , I suppose over revving with a dull chain will kill most saws.

Did you cut with yours yet? I have not taken mine to the woods per say, but did run it some and have to say that I was kinda impressed with how it runs.

Seems to run pretty darn well. Good as most modern 55cc saws.

Did you cut with yours yet? I have not taken mine to the woods per say, but did run it some and have to say that I was kinda impressed with how it runs.

Seems to run pretty darn well. Good as most modern 55cc saws.

Good timing! , I just got back inside from a little cutting, my chain & sprocket need replacing but I did a couple of small cuts, seems to have pretty good power, it also starts & idles just fine.
Overall they look to be well built saws.

Back