Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
754 G US Army saw
wright013.jpg

NCOIC of the motor pool ain't going to go for that.:msp_ohmy:

Oh, wait, field expedient. :ices_rofl:

NCOIC of the motor pool ain't going to go for that.:msp_ohmy:

Oh, wait, field expedient. :ices_rofl:

That's the most unusual strap up of a filter i've seen. Is the filter just permanently bent? Love the saw. The military version has some obvious differences. It's my understanding they had a waterproof ignition setup as well.

That's the most unusual strap up of a filter i've seen. Is the filter just permanently bent? Love the saw. The military version has some obvious differences. It's my understanding they had a waterproof ignition setup as well.

The filter spring is OEM. I have a brand new filter that looks the same too.

I have 3 of these army versions.

Spark plug is waterproof type. Also it is smarter than me cause I couldnt get it off. :msp_confused: :D

When I was part of the green machine there was the right way, the wrong way and the army way.

And.......................The army way was whatever the "first shirt" said it was.

"First Shirt" = Btn. Sgt. Major (E9)

Thanks for posting the way cool literature Cliff! The wheeled 2Mg clearing saw is quite interesting and I have not seen a Blue Logmaster series saw yet, might have to do one of those up.
Rick, I've seen plenty of 754's etc. I hadn't noticed that yours are gear drives until now, that is a way cool saw!

Does anyone know if the old Mall coils are interchangeable - like a 2mg, model 8, GP or a Logmaster? I saw a photo of one for a model 8 but it looks like it has a metal bump where the spark plug wire should attach. Otherwise it looks the same as the GP and 2MG.

I could hav bought one of those electricsat a yardsale last year but I was on my motorcycle and forgot to go back. Still kicking myself over that one.

It ran good and I remember it sounded kinda like my moms old Kitchen Aid mixer.

Latest posts

Back