Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
754 G US Army saw
wright013.jpg

NCOIC of the motor pool ain't going to go for that.:msp_ohmy:

Oh, wait, field expedient. :ices_rofl:

NCOIC of the motor pool ain't going to go for that.:msp_ohmy:

Oh, wait, field expedient. :ices_rofl:

That's the most unusual strap up of a filter i've seen. Is the filter just permanently bent? Love the saw. The military version has some obvious differences. It's my understanding they had a waterproof ignition setup as well.

That's the most unusual strap up of a filter i've seen. Is the filter just permanently bent? Love the saw. The military version has some obvious differences. It's my understanding they had a waterproof ignition setup as well.

The filter spring is OEM. I have a brand new filter that looks the same too.

I have 3 of these army versions.

Spark plug is waterproof type. Also it is smarter than me cause I couldnt get it off. :msp_confused: :D

Thanks for posting the way cool literature Cliff! The wheeled 2Mg clearing saw is quite interesting and I have not seen a Blue Logmaster series saw yet, might have to do one of those up.
Rick, I've seen plenty of 754's etc. I hadn't noticed that yours are gear drives until now, that is a way cool saw!

Does anyone know if the old Mall coils are interchangeable - like a 2mg, model 8, GP or a Logmaster? I saw a photo of one for a model 8 but it looks like it has a metal bump where the spark plug wire should attach. Otherwise it looks the same as the GP and 2MG.

I could hav bought one of those electricsat a yardsale last year but I was on my motorcycle and forgot to go back. Still kicking myself over that one.

It ran good and I remember it sounded kinda like my moms old Kitchen Aid mixer.

Back