• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Sandvik "Chromium" Bars.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a 28" chromium, good shape, .050 gauge. Came on a 046 Stihl. Don't know if they interchange

Well this bar has a crack a too the bar, I'll send you some pics if you want them. I've heard of bars being welded but it will need to be repolished.

Whats so special about a chromium bar?

Thank you, as I just had another member ask. The Chromium's were beauty's, had extremely solid rails, offered for a short period of time. The fallers were finding the Glare counterproductive as Sandvik discontinued. A member here had a 30" Mint. I paid $275-300? if I recall. I do appreciate your reply, but hate to waste the time if it needs some work.

Thank You. Respectfully, Danny.562xpw32skipn9qt4.jpg

I’m curious was there actually a chrome plated bar made or did u polish a high chromium steel sandvik???..I have a old 32” that has extremely hard&thick rails and is built stouter than a cannon soup....it was painted factory white though???? I had forgotten I had it until I read this post u got anymore specs on these

I went and looked bk at a post you had the “bar ID thread”. I think I know what finish yer referring too now!... ya those shinny Chom-moly bars look good new but...I had a shinny mint 50” cannon I was playing w/a while back....I accidentally left it outside bored in a Doug fir stump for a couple weeks:) it turned ugly on me! it actually pitted rust so rapidly I remember I had a hell of a time to pull the thing out:)

A good hand operated belt sander with fine grit paper will remove the paint. Then you need a flea market or tag sale dirt cheap belt sander to run the used paper inside out with polishing compound first the coarse red then the fine white grit. Polish that baby up then wash it down with alcohol or clicks and clear coat it.

Back