Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can any of you guys identify the small gray smooth barked tree just to the right of the big rock? it's NOT silver maple. my best guess is hard maple but not sure.
20190316_112157-jpg.723413
I tried to scale the the truck on the way home yesterday to see how easy it is to put a 1/4 ton truck over weight. The municipal building scale has a new sign saying official vehicals only so didn't happen.

Tried the acid treatment on my well point yesterday. I know I'll be pulling it again am hoping this will buy another month or so. Seems to flow better gonna call it a success for now.

Will probably do it again the night before I pull it to soften the mineral/iron buildup. Maybe it will pull a little easier. Otherwise its like pulling a football through a straw.

Tried the acid treatment on my well point yesterday. I know I'll be pulling it again am hoping this will buy another month or so. Seems to flow better gonna call it a success for now.

Will probably do it again the night before I pull it to soften the mineral/iron buildup. Maybe it will pull a little easier. Otherwise its like pulling a football through a straw.

WTH is an acid treatment? Sounds corrosive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the last 2 big pieces of wood in the stove before I left thismorning. Burning season is over for me. Tired of trying to fight damp wood. Supposed to warm up some end of this week. Perfect timing. Time to uncap the furnace.

I ran out almost a month ago. Been feeding from the outside stacks since by carrying in armfuls and stacking vertically around the stove. Messy for sure since they come in full of ice and snow.

My well is caving in. Very often I get dirty water, first time I noticed it was when the sprinkler was running BLACK water, almost mud. Anyone know what can be done? I though of calling the well drillers but that makes too much sense.

My well is caving in. Very often I get dirty water, first time I noticed it was when the sprinkler was running BLACK water, almost mud. Anyone know what can be done? I though of calling the well drillers but that makes too much sense.
I gather you are talking (covered an boxed in)open hole/pit driven well and sand point? if this is it I had the same problem with minor flooding one wet/melt spring! what I did was to incase the 1.5" pipe with 4" pvc pipe down to 16'(42 foot to the tip of the sand point at ground level)0f which is the 1st hard pan...I am in sandy soil anyways, but used fresh water down the 4" pipe and screwing it down to that depth tapping the pipe as turning it also.... it is now 1' above ground at the brass anti siphon check valve....

Its been my experience that blackish water from a well is usually a sign of bacteria. I think desinfecting with clorox would be my first step. You can also buy clorine tablets. Anyway, once in the well, let sit for at least 24hrs without using and then try and run the well dry to get rid of the bad water and see if things clear up.

I gather you are talking (covered an boxed in)open hole/pit driven well and sand point? if this is it I had the same problem with minor flooding one wet/melt spring! what I did was to incase the 1.5" pipe with 4" pvc pipe down to 16'(42 foot to the tip of the sand point at ground level)0f which is the 1st hard pan...I am in sandy soil anyways, but used fresh water down the 4" pipe and screwing it down to that depth tapping the pipe as turning it also.... it is now 1' above ground at the brass anti siphon check valve....
Wish I had a casing. Like clock work every 3yrs have to pull my point. Put a longer point on last time in "15" so I got 4 yrs this time. Wells in my cellar so its not like I can use a tractor 3pt to pull with.

Wish I had a casing. Like clock work every 3yrs have to pull my point. Put a longer point on last time in "15" so I got 4 yrs this time. Wells in my cellar so its not like I can use a tractor 3pt to pull with.
if you need an extra had pulling your point, let me know.... I believe we don't live that far apart! I am in pillager 7 miles west of braindead.... lol

ever had one that makes the bar dance around when you try to start a cut? You get maybe 1” into it before the corners of the cutters are rounded over. Like porcelain. Makes for a long day and if I ever get another that bad, it's staying put.

Yeah got some really old Yellowbox that's near impossible to cut, even tried pushing it over with a backhoe and it didn't move it at all, we've tried cutting the smaller limbs off it and they were like cutting steel, I think that one will still be there in another 100yrs time LOL

Latest posts

Back