Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started first pull when I pulled it out of the truck cold. Then smoked a bunch. I thought I might have put oil in the gas tank but no way did I do that. Took the cap off and shined a flashlight down in there to look. Nope. AT saws dont like to be run dry then? I try not to do that anyway but I guess I need to pay closer attention
Glad she started right back up for you :rock:.
I don't let any of my saws run dry unless I'm getting them ready to ship. Here's how I think about it, the fuel gets low, the computer richens the mix, then you refuel and try to start, the mix is already set rich and you try to start and it gets flooded quit easily:cry:. I try to always let them idle down before shutting them off as well on all my AT and mtronic saws and I don't have any problems with mine starting even in the hot summer heat.

Loaded up the saws & tractor yesterday and headed to ground zero of a recent local tornado. Lots of scroungers on hand, lods of firewood available. Amazing there were zero injuries from the twister.View attachment 723845
Looked pretty bad out there, saw it on the news.

Concerning the 9010 for those big oaks I got given to me. A big thanks to @AlfA01 for a great deal and all the help. Wouldn’t own this saw if it wasn’t for him.
What color is the one he set you up with, I may be able to set you up with some of it's cousins, it's nice to have doubles, but triples :D.

Glad she started right back up for you :rock:.
I don't let any of my saws run dry unless I'm getting them ready to ship. Here's how I think about it, the fuel gets low, the computer richens the mix, then you refuel and try to start, the mix is already set rich and you try to start and it gets flooded quit easily:cry:. I try to always let them idle down before shutting them off as well on all my AT and mtronic saws and I don't have any problems with mine starting even in the hot summer heat.

good procedure, chipper... imo. I do that too. on all my saws cept my 110-v model! lol... I do it to let the cyl head/cyl heat dissipate before shutting it off... I do like the cowboys, don't ride hard, then put up wet! :)

so far, so good!

Back