Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I need to look at the bar/chain I have for it now. Pretty sure it's a 16" with .325.

I'm assuming to run 3/8, I'll need another drive gear (whatever it's called).

I believe Kevin put a 357 clutch on it for me.
Yup you just need a 3/8 rim. The clutch comes off pretty easy if it’s been off recently.

Yeah I found out the hard way that I couldn't find a chain with the correct drive link count for my junkyard homelite. Only guy that makes chains local is the Stihl dealer. So I have a $42 chain on a saw I'd be lucky to get $40 for. Lol.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
That stinks. For future reference, loggerchain.com makes custom loops and I believe Archerplus on eBay does as well.

Chipper gets the best of both worlds. Older kids who are adults to hang out with and enjoy life, and younger ones at an older age so you are a more mature parent and enjoy the smaller things with them.

There’s definitely a trade off depending on when you have kids. Young/broke/inexperienced parents means you’ll probably have grandkids sooner. Having kids when you are older/more mature/probably more financially stable is good too.
I'll say this, I feel very privileged to get a second chance to do it right; while I feel I'm doing much better, I know I'm still making all sorts of mistakes :yes:.
That stinks. For future reference, loggerchain.com makes custom loops and I believe Archerplus on eBay does as well.
I bet you could get a piltz chain delivered for 42 :oops:.
Probably get a bar and chain for that kind of cash ;).
Thanks guys. I need to look at the bar/chain I have for it now. Pretty sure it's a 16" with .325.

I'm assuming to run 3/8, I'll need another drive gear (whatever it's called).

I believe Kevin put a 357 clutch on it for me.
Let me know if you don't have one, I just might have one or two or... around lol.

Deer flies , no repellent works , clocked one at 12mph keeping up with me on the Yanmar 336 at about 13mph in high range wot .
That's a fast little tractor, but it sounds like the bug was winning :numberone::laughing:.
Yesterday when we went by my daughters house I was clocking a Canadian, goose that is, 45mph :). I was pretty surprised how fast it was going.

Got some more pictures of the flooding in town, and at the lakeshore.
Lots of sand on the main road in front of Grand Haven beach, there was very little "beach" left. Then I got a picture of the wharf where the guys who run charters usually dock, never seen it this high before, guy in the boat said the same thing( but we're young lol). Just imagine if there was a boat moving a little faster in there :surprised3:.
Here's the flooding in my town.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3gXuvbPrMHXh9PPfAHere's Grand Haven.
Notice the water over the sidewalk in the wharf.
The "anchor" on the hill hard previously been a cross, then someone took issue with it and they made it into an anchor. I take issue with that, I find anchors offensive, especially on top of hills, anyone know a good attorney :nofunny:.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/uTW83SDddQmvFuzv5Also saw these ducks, I think covid crossed over to them, they weren't looking to good :p.
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 12.22.38 AM.png

Thanks guys. I need to look at the bar/chain I have for it now. Pretty sure it's a 16" with .325. I'm assuming to run 3/8, I'll need another drive gear (whatever it's called). I believe Kevin put a 357 clutch on it for me.

I have a MMWS MS241 with a 16 inch bar and 0.325 chain which was Randy's recommendation. In truth, I probably couldn't tell the difference between how the saw performs with 0.325 compared to anything else but I am not at all disappointed with how it slices through Aussie hardwood. Your saw might be up half a weight division though, I guess.

I have a MMWS MS241 with a 16 inch bar and 0.325 chain which was Randy's recommendation. In truth, I probably couldn't tell the difference between how the saw performs with 0.325 compared to anything else but I am not at all disappointed with how it slices through Aussie hardwood. Your saw might be up half a weight division though, I guess.

That's awesome. I had thought about getting my 241 ported, but she's already a screamer with the picco and a 16" bar.

The 254 is heavier for sure, but not by much. I'll try to compare them both by weight, and maybe even cutting some cookies.

I'll say this, I feel very privileged to get a second chance to do it right; while I feel I'm doing much better, I know I'm still making all sorts of mistakes :yes:.

I bet you could get a piltz chain delivered for 42 :oops:.
Probably get a bar and chain for that kind of cash ;).

Let me know if you don't have one, I just might have one or two or... around lol.

Much appreciated brother!!

I will let you know for sure.

More rain here, another 2" according to the gauge. I'm thankful for the rain as it fills the pond (our water source), but it sure cuts into my scrounging and saw time. I still have yet to split those two loads from a couple weekends ago. My yard needs mowed bad also, but it'll take at least two good sunny days to dry it up enough to run the Toro.

I will be up at the Cabin (first time this year) with my Grandsons Sat morning through Monday afternoon. My Brother and some of his Grandsons will also be there for the same time period.

We also expect brief visitors: MechanicMatt and his Daughters, my Niece and her Daughter, and one of my Daughter's and her Daughter.

Should be a good time! The kids are often fascinated with the frogs/toads, salamanders and ring neck snakes that are common up there. We will have some quads and do some exploring/site seeing.

I will be up at the Cabin (first time this year) with my Grandsons Sat morning through Monday afternoon. My Brother and some of his Grandsons will also be there for the same time period.

We also expect brief visitors: MechanicMatt and his Daughters, my Niece and her Daughter, and one of my Daughter's and her Daughter.

Should be a good time! The kids are often fascinated with the frogs/toads, salamanders and ring neck snakes that are common up there. We will have some quads and do some exploring/site seeing.
Enjoy!

Sounds like fun to me.

Back