Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And speaking of scrounging, anyone scrounge with a half ton?

My scrounge and firewood deliveries are within 10 miles from home. The price difference between F250’s/GM and Chrysler 2500’s and 150/1500’s are pretty big. Daily commute to work is 4.2 miles.

Could “sell” to the wife that we could drive the 4x4 on to the beach and social distance with the family:)

I wonder if Ford still offers the "heavy half" F150s. I believe they have heavier leafs in the rear to haul more. All hearsay, but my buddy whom is a straight shooter told me that's what his 05 F-150 is. That, of you could upgrade the springs. I did that in my 79 when the original ones broke.

I hauled a LOT of wood with that truck, and heavy loads too.

Brain says 3/4 ton, Wallet says half ton.

GM does make a 1500HD so it’s feaseable that Ford does a “heavy half”?

I’ll keep looking till the right truck comes along!

While I'm a diehard Ford guy, a buddy just bought a brand new Chevy 2500 Custom for like $43K, and it's Sharp!

My scrounge and firewood deliveries are within 10 miles from home. The price difference between F250’s/GM and Chrysler 2500’s and 150/1500’s are pretty big. Daily commute to work is 4.2 miles.

Could “sell” to the wife that we could drive the 4x4 on to the beach and social distance with the family:)
My eff one fiddy super crew with a 6 1/2 ft box is my family, camper hauling, boat towing, scrounge buggy. It will haul a bed full of sugar maple without sagging too badly, better than the older half tons. My last one was a 2000 model and it squatted way worse than my 2013. Any new truck nowadays is a good one. I've had good luck with the Fords.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

For those of you not familiar with the area. some of the stuff you are seeing on TV is 1 mile from our house. These locations have nothing to do with the incident. Gas stations, pharmacies, stores selling higher value items, etc.

Philbert
A bad incident for sure. Crazy stuff on the news.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I think @mountainguyed67 summed it up best when talking about his winch. "Don't get greedy." If you treat it with respect, a half ton truck should suit your needs fine. May mean making an extra trip occasionally. But 4 miles makes that a lot easier preposition.

I'm actually thinking about painting that inside my free for nothing trailer as a reminder to myself.

For those of you not familiar with the area. some of the stuff you are seeing on TV is 1 mile from our house. These locations have nothing to do with the incident. Gas stations, pharmacies, stores selling higher value items, etc.

Philbert
Prayers out for you and yours. While one hundred percent agree that what that LEO did was wrong, I don't understand the looting and destruction of someone else's private property that have nothing to do with said LEO.

Justice is him paying for his wrong doings, not destroying your city...

Hauled dozens of cords with my half ton over nearly 6 years of ownership

What is happening down there is utterly disgusting. The murder is one issue. The destruction is another.

What kind of stupid mother ****ers put their very own neighbors out of home and work to avenge the loss of another neighbor.
citidiots!! what more could you expect?? we get them up here every weekend and holiday! not good!!!...

Philbert
Perhaps part of the reason these incidents keep happening is because the frustrations are never properly focused on effective resolution. There's a time for civil disobedience, but wanton phuckery of anything and everyone is a somewhat stoopid and ineffective method. Hopefully it'll burn itself out before it's at your door.

I do and have been since 1967. Current one is F150 2x that has so many dings and dents a junk yard would reject it.

Philbert
I don't watch the news, so I had to look up what you were talking about. All I can say is stay safe, man and keep your head on a swivel.

Look like you had a good time and got some of the property cleaned up. We rode out that way sure is going to be a dry year up there

I took my time. It's peaceful up there, making progress. Yes it‘s dry too.

I got the oak saw logs up on some pine logs, to keep them off the ground. Used the loader to lift them. No pictures.

I forget who was asking for help identifying a snake, and thought it was a cornsnake. I asked a herpetologist on another forum, he said.

Nope. That's a milksnake which is a type of kingsnake. Coloration is superficially similar to a cornsnake and both are in Maryland (assuming this photo was taken in Maryland).

Philbert

Keep yer powder dry..... Just sayin

Back