Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noice. Is it allowed a winch and towball?

Allowed?

Yes.

I do not have a winch on it yet though. And of course now that I have my license I’m going to have to get a VHF/UHF HAM radio in it[emoji41]

The engine and trans combo are amazing. Very much tractor like as i was hoping. Its a 3cyl 25hp Kabota diesel with a hydrostatic trans, 4x4 High and Low, locking rear diff, hydro dump bed. I got the HD tires that are on it and then bought a set of steel wheels with the ATV tires.

And the EPA has not gone after the UTV’s yet so it has NO EPA EMISSION CRAP!!

Done five loads of wood with it this evening and I am pleasantly surprised and amazed.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I love my 1120 RTV! It pulls great and I use it in firewood operations all the time. It has a 4500lb Super Winch I installed. I would suggest you think about the hand throttle kit. I have it installed and I think it helps increase your pulling power. When you increase RPMs with the hand throttle, the floor accelerator acts just like the hydro pedal on your tractor. I put bed extensions on it and removable tarp bows out of my grandkids old junk trampoline. I’m retired and have time to tinker. lol
ab374c9fc79639ee19eff9a3236f096c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another chain post. During my last firewood haul, while noodling, I ended up stretching a newer chain beyond use. i couldn't tighten it anymore. I plan on taking it somewhere to get a link? removed. Just curious, how much need to be removed. Last guy wasn't too sure.View attachment 833277View attachment 833278
So to ask again, how many drive links would you remove? I'm guessing the tensioner post travels 1-1/4" so only one?

Thanks, I've never seen sheet PVC, but then I've never looked.
I have bought thin PVC sheet (called 'sign board') that I cut to fit all of our kitchen shelves. Scratch resistant. Easy to clean / bleach if needed. Much better than 'shelf paper' and more durable than the melamine shelf finish.

Philbert

I love my 1120 RTV! It pulls great and I use it in firewood operations all the time. It has a 4500lb Super Winch I installed. I would suggest you think about the hand throttle kit. I have it installed and I think it helps increase your pulling power. When you increase RPMs with the hand throttle, the floor accelerator acts just like the hydro pedal on your tractor. I put bed extensions on it and removable tarp bows out of my grandkids old junk trampoline. I’m retired and have time to tinker. lol
ab374c9fc79639ee19eff9a3236f096c.jpg

NICE SETUP![emoji1303][emoji41]

Ill put bed sides on it, im a welder[emoji6]

I honestly don’t have a need to get it legal for the road. The closest thing to me is a gas station down the road and being that this thing tops out at about 29 mile an hour I’m not going to be driving this there. I don’t know I’ve just taken the truck with some gas cans.

How do you like the ATV tires?

I bought an extra set of wheels and tires that have the ATV tires on them..

The tires that are currently on it did pretty darn well in the mud.

Allowed?

Yes.

I do not have a winch on it yet though. And of course now that I have my license I’m going to have to get a VHF/UHF HAM radio in it[emoji41]

The engine and trans combo are amazing. Very much tractor like as i was hoping. Its a 3cyl 25hp Kabota diesel with a hydrostatic trans, 4x4 High and Low, locking rear diff, hydro dump bed. I got the HD tires that are on it and then bought a set of steel wheels with the ATV tires.

And the EPA has not gone after the UTV’s yet so it has NO EPA EMISSION CRAP!!

Done five loads of wood with it this evening and I am pleasantly surprised and amazed.

I’ve got an old Motorola 2 meter I could put in mine. Maybe I’ll just put a antenna on it and use my FT3D handheld if I need communications.
de WA9SWW

Lots of threads on storing / carrying extra chains. At home: long lengths sorted on nails, and short lengths / pieces sorted in clear shoe boxes.

With the saws, I have pretty much settled on heavy duty zip-loc style bags. Easy to sort and carry in a variety of ways. Tried some extra-heavy duty ones, designed for photo film, from a surplus store, and all my dog's treats now seem to come in really heavy gauge, zip-lock pouches, if I am feeling frugal. But the quart sized 'freezer' bags hold up pretty well, and only cost about a nickel a piece. Being able to see through the clear plastic also helps.

About 6 more thread links in the third post of this thread:
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/chain-storage.291045/
Philbert

Got a link to a Husky guide you like?

St Louis CL is the one I watch.
To be clear these links are just for reference. the roller guide kit is fair priced, but the individual one on eBay is a bit high in price.
This is the one I like at home.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Hu...233375105268?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10Also the husky roller guide as it will hold my file up on the bottom of the cutter if I change to a smaller file size or I have the gullet(very helpful).
The depth gauge portion will give the same results as the one I gave the link to above. What I don't like about the roller guide for doing the rakers is it's a bit more cumbersome, and they wear out quickly.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...R_zbBuMg3Jgf9i7TgjocZIJ5z_3KTRQRoCeq4QAvD_BwEIf this is near you you could see how much he would want for the 20" bar and chain.
https://carbondale.craigslist.org/for/d/dix-stihl-029-chainsaw/7132508778.htmlHere's another you could ask if he's willing to sell the bar only. Pretty sure it's not a 22" lol. You would want to double check the length though.
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/tls/d/columbia-stihl-chainsaw-22/7127803524.htmlAnd for sharpening your chains this would be nice for the price :).
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/tls/d/saint-louis-chainsaw-sharpener/7115693290.htmlThis one is just a fun ad I found that would relate to scrounging :laughing:.
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/zip/d/augusta-lmfao-free-trees-to-be-cut-for/7111018201.htmlThen this if you decide you want to take things up a notch, besides it will pay for itself in a week ;).
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d/florissant-2000-international-4700/7123825278.html

I’ve got an old Motorola 2 meter I could put in mine. Maybe I’ll just put a antenna on it and use my FT3D handheld if I need communications.
de WA9SWW

Love the Kubota SxSs, That's what I want to get when I finally get one. With a diesel of course.

Fine Business
KE8ASO

Just a tech, have been studying for my general on and off for years.

Also on GMRS.

I just got my tech beginning of this week. I plan to have my general soon

All I have is an Icon 2730A in my truck and a pair of Baofeng UV5RTP’s

Waiting to get into HF after my general and some experience

Keep in it. HF is fun. Different experience for sure

My buddy is an Extra, played on HF using his rig during
I just got my tech beginning of this week. I plan to have my general soon

All I have is an Icon 2730A in my truck and a pair of Baofeng UV5RTP’s

Waiting to get into HF after my general and some experience

I have mostly Kenwood Commercial mobiles and HTs that have been programmed for ham bands. Can cover 70cm and GMRS on one mobile, the other 33cm (900Mhz)

Next freq we plan to play on is 6m.

My buddy is an Extra, played on HF using his rig during

I have mostly Kenwood Commercial mobiles and HTs that have been programmed for ham bands. Can cover 70cm and GMRS on one mobile, the other 33cm (900Mhz)

Next freq we plan to play on is 6m.

A few 900’s around here but not a lot.

I appreciate the short chat with you fellas on HAM. Ill keep you on mind when im on the radio. Maybe we will chat one day

Latest posts

Back