Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint vs Powder coating cases? Some plastics are still available for my 288 but I’m worried if I get it powder coated, It may be a different shade. Husqvarna does make a rattle can color from doing a little digging.

Any preferences here?

I use my saws to cut wood, no shelf queens but it would be nice to clean up a little.
E7D0E6E6-4F9C-4F2E-A938-22B1D8FD099D.jpeg85E0B4A9-0566-4A70-83EF-EBEB50475FAF.jpeg56E72F77-0167-4011-A171-C3004E87C30E.jpeg

We were supposed to be ice fishing this weekend but we're under a lockdown. Going in February now. The dog chow thing will attract baitfish and thus bigger fish. But like a bird feeder, you have to do it ahead of time. It's a good trick to use off the.end of a dock but for ice fishing, I prefer a clean hole.
In other news, we cooked with the Dutch oven and it's going to need some svk treatment!
e1ee97705ad3ca7220dc0f597a049077.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Paint vs Powder coating cases? Some plastics are still available for my 288 but I’m worried if I get it powder coated, It may be a different shade. Husqvarna does make a rattle can color from doing a little digging.

Any preferences here?

I use my saws to cut wood, no shelf queens but it would be nice to clean up a little.
View attachment 883005View attachment 883006View attachment 883007

I like the way she looks as is

Older chicks have experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were supposed to be ice fishing this weekend but we're under a lockdown. Going in February now. The dog chow thing will attract baitfish and thus bigger fish. But like a bird feeder, you have to do it ahead of time. It's a good trick to use off the.end of a dock but for ice fishing, I prefer a clean hole.
In other news, we cooked with the Dutch oven and it's going to need some svk treatment!
e1ee97705ad3ca7220dc0f597a049077.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Hum......[emoji848]

I always thought a “Dutch oven” was when you fart in bed and pull the covers over her head.

Cool pot though [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya never ask a guy how much he paid .....Less than when it was new . Not much less :lol:
I like to ask how much people paid for their house, if they tell me that personal/private I search their address and tell them what they paid:laughing:.
That's a good price for that truck, it's sweet.
My BIL and I rebuilt one just like it, except yours has a lot more metal than his did :baba:, I hate rust :yes:.

Small scrounge from the cemetery where I got some Norway Maple from last year. Easy pickings.View attachment 882975
Let me guess, it was dead standing o_O.
Nice scrounge man :).

Any preferences here?

View attachment 883005View attachment 883006View attachment 883007
I'd leave it like it is. Run the heck out of it:chainsaw: and throw it around without worrying about it, it will never look any worse, and paint won't make it run any better lol. When you pull it out to cut those big 24" logs and someones like what a piece of crap(either out loud or in there head), then you fire it up and they're like :oops::surprised3::eek::rock::cheers:.
If you want a pretty one sell that one and add a little cash to buy a nicer one. There isn't a terrible amount of price between a well used one and a nicer one if you're patient, or buy a 390xp with quick clips on the top cover for the filter, nice anti vibe, better fuel economy, and best yet, side tensioner :happy:.
C'mon you guys knew that was coming :lol: .

Put a Squirrel Buster feeder and a suit block in the dog kennel so it's close to the window, and all of the weed seeds in wild bird seed doesn't get in the gardens. The Squirrel Buster is two plastic cylinders. If a Squirrel jumps on the perch, he's heavy enough he pulls the outer cylinder down and shuts the food off. We had two squirrel's the first couple days, and they gave up, and haven't been back. yesterday I peeked out the window, from my desk, and a big old Pileated Woodpecker was sitting on the fence. He flew over to my Blue Bird house, then hopped on the suit block. I got some good video of hom, but I don't know how to get it from ,y cell to "Youtube", to here. Here's a regular pic till the kids get back from skiing, to walk me through the process again. Yesterday there were two of them, today at 7, one showed up. After it left I took the screens off the window, so the next pics will be better.
7modIbR.jpg

99OrVXT.jpg
I have a couple of them and some smaller woodpeckers at my suet from time to time69B33012-5990-4812-B695-347F03A0D6D0.jpeg

I like to ask how much people paid for their house, if they tell me that personal/private I search their address and tell them what they paid:laughing:.
That's a good price for that truck, it's sweet.
My BIL and I rebuilt one just like it, except yours has a lot more metal than his did :baba:, I hate rust :yes:.
Me too . This truck has zero rust on it ,floors are perfect as is the bed .

I'd leave it like it is. Run the heck out of it:chainsaw: and throw it around without worrying about it, it will never look any worse, and paint won't make it run any better lol. When you pull it out to cut those big 24" logs and someones like what a piece of crap(either out loud or in there head), then you fire it up and they're like :oops::surprised3::eek::rock::cheers:.
If you want a pretty one sell that one and add a little cash to buy a nicer one. There isn't a terrible amount of price between a well used one and a nicer one if you're patient, or buy a 390xp with quick clips on the top cover for the filter, nice anti vibe, better fuel economy, and best yet, side tensioner :happy:.
C'mon you guys knew that was coming :lol: .
Honestly I thought you’d be the opposite. Some of the saws you post are gorgeous!

With that being said, it does make sense to leave it be fix what needs to be fixed. Making one pretty could $nowball pretty quick.

Honestly I thought you’d be the opposite. Some of the saws you post are gorgeous!

With that being said, it does make sense to leave it be fix what needs to be fixed. Making one pretty could $nowball pretty quick.
Did you ever see the pictures of the never fired 288 I had. It wasn't a big deal for me to sell it, it was only going to loose value, the one you have will continue to hold it's value while making you money/saving you money. I like the pretty saws, but I'm pretty frugal, did you see that chain :laughing:.

Wow, is that a new scrounging hole, looks like a nice one.

Kinda. I used to get wood from a tree service on a regular occasion. They have grown and I can't always be on site like I used to be. the tree service pays a guy to dump wood on his property. The tree service introduced us about a year ago and I can basically go out there any time I want. It is becoming a freaking mess. The landowner can't keep up with burning the wood and it is starting to get out of control. It is not easy trying to burn 20-48" logs, some of them very green. Some of the stuff is HUGE!!!

Yes, there is a lot of wood there; silver maple, elm, walnut, pecan, yellow pine, ginkgo, hackberry, red oak, white oak, ash, mulberry, sycamore, sweet gum. The landowner bought a skid steer to deal with it. I think he is passed what a skid steer will do and needs a dozer or an excavator with a thumb. Pictures don't do it justice.

Scrounged up 2*10 kg sacks (2* 22lb sacks for the non metric ified) of coalite smokeless coal. Both my stoves are multifuel so I can burn coal. Normally I wouldn't, it's dirty polluting and a release of carbon sequestered billions of years ago..... And more costly than mains gas. But when a neighbor is moving and getting rid.... Well someone's going to burn it, may as well be me.

Did you ever see the pictures of the never fired 288 I had. It wasn't a big deal for me to sell it, it was only going to loose value, the one you have will continue to hold it's value while making you money/saving you money. I like the pretty saws, but I'm pretty frugal, did you see that chain :laughing:.
I was literally looking at OEM tanks for $100, low top OEM covers for $50,$90 NIB carb to replace the offshore carb on there now......it would never end.
Thanks for the words of wisdom:)

Scrounged up 2*10 kg sacks (2* 22lb sacks for the non metric ified) of coalite smokeless coal. Both my stoves are multifuel so I can burn coal. Normally I wouldn't, it's dirty polluting and a release of carbon sequestered billions of years ago..... And more costly than mains gas. But when a neighbor is moving and getting rid.... Well someone's going to burn it, may as well be me.
Is D*ck Van Dike gonna come by and sweep your chimney flue?

Philbert

'allo Mary Poppins!

Much as I fancy Emily Blunt, the original with Julie Andrews is s much better film, my 2 girls love it. DvDs accent though.... hahahaha!

You remind me, I need to get my battery drill and Cyclone brush out, I've burnt a good 3 cord through one stove since I last swept it, maybe more.

Latest posts

Back