Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I copied this from above. It seems you didn’t put these sentences together with the right pictures. The cuts are two inches across or less.

You can see small stuff that was cut in these two pictures. Some up to 5” was cut, maybe someone else got pictures. It’s a whole lotta saw for that, but the rest of the crew had shovels, or McLeod.
View attachment 891684

View attachment 891685
It was the log in the picture on post number 61740.

We hit 58 here yesterday and only 40 overnite. Glad I got wood hauled in while it was frozen. Looks like splittin fun the next few days.
View attachment 891812
A few days ago there was still plenty snow on the ground, but getting muddy underneath. The roads are 100% clear. The School bus backed 6' into my yard, 30' long, and left ruts 4-6" deep. The next day I happened to be walking down the driveway and he made a perfect back up. Yesterday with all of the snow gone, he backed through my yard again and left a mud trail all the way to the next road. This morning I was in the yard and he made another perfect back. This afternoon, I got home and more of my yard stretching down the road in his tracks. I complained about him last year, looks like he doesn't much care. Tomorrow I'm going to stand out of sight and video him. The worst part is, no kids have been picked up in front of my house for 20 years. I'm going to start making them come out and patch up his marks every time he runs through my yard, maybe they will move the pick up.

A few days ago there was still plenty snow on the ground, but getting muddy underneath. The roads are 100% clear. The School bus backed 6' into my yard, 30' long, and left ruts 4-6" deep. The next day I happened to be walking down the driveway and he made a perfect back up. Yesterday with all of the snow gone, he backed through my yard again and left a mud trail all the way to the next road. This morning I was in the yard and he made another perfect back. This afternoon, I got home and more of my yard stretching down the road in his tracks. I complained about him last year, looks like he doesn't much care. Tomorrow I'm going to stand out of sight and video him. The worst part is, no kids have been picked up in front of my house for 20 years. I'm going to start making them come out and patch up his marks every time he runs through my yard, maybe they will move the pick up.
I would have called the school district after the first ruts. But then I'm a d!*k

It was the log in the picture on post number 61740.

My comment about it being a whole lot of saw for the job was referencing the MS461 cutting 1-2 inch brush. That comment went with the trail pictures, not the log pictures. There is cut brush visible in the trail pictures.

The pictures of the big log, that’s the only log anywhere near that big. Pines are so rare there that they’re used to reference locations, that camp is called Second Pines Camp. I have no interest in cutting a big log with a small saw, that‘s why I carried the MS461 in.

I would have called the school district after the first ruts. But then I'm a d!*k

BAck when I had a kid going to school the bus ended his route at my place, back in, turn around. One week in winter she took my mailbox off the post. A week later the same thing. Called the bus people.

Me: You have a problem with a driver, She has knocked my mail box off the post twice.

Bus: How wide is your drive way?

Me. 3 cars wide and all cleared.

Bus: Silence.

No more problem.

Site is finally back up, eh?

I think I'm gonna fire up a saw or two this weekend and go down and buck up that ash I skid a couple weekends ago, and then get that cherry log off the ground.
Yeah, it took you long enough to fix it lol.
Sounds like a plan. Will you be able to get around down there or will it be a mucky mess.

Busy day yesterday. Between trips to the dump, donations to Lions, kids work, friend of kids’ birthday, and picking up a snowmobile/selling some saws I was in town 6 times yesterday.

Picked up my plow truck from the shop. I’ve driven it 22,000 miles and it had never been in the shop till Thursday during my ownership. Front end work including 4 ball joints, wheel bearing (damn thing cost $230 itself) and new brake pads was 1000 bucks. Then driving it around last night, the rear brake pads hit the wear indicator so I’ll do those myself. Knock on wood this truck will never need brakes again under my ownership.

Drinking some coffee and need to run to town to grab bait. Today is the last day of ice walleye and northern for the year. Just crappie/panfish/lake trout after this. We’ll give it one last hurrah at my favorite wallet spot (where I also caught my PB northern).

Busy day yesterday. Between trips to the dump, donations to Lions, kids work, friend of kids’ birthday, and picking up a snowmobile/selling some saws I was in town 6 times yesterday.

Picked up my plow truck from the shop. I’ve driven it 22,000 miles and it had never been in the shop till Thursday during my ownership. Front end work including 4 ball joints, wheel bearing (damn thing cost $230 itself) and new brake pads was 1000 bucks. Then driving it around last night, the rear brake pads hit the wear indicator so I’ll do those myself. Knock on wood this truck will never need brakes again under my ownership.

Drinking some coffee and need to run to town to grab bait. Today is the last day of ice walleye and northern for the year. Just crappie/panfish/lake trout after this. We’ll give it one last hurrah at my favorite wallet spot (where I also caught my PB northern).
Spent some time on the hardwater this weekend. Fishing was slow until Saturday afternoon, then we got into some perch.
3002ad7de17e7a6c347031441b562f64.jpg
939bcd92b56a2041f024cd754ab09332.jpg
f2e15aea82d2736e8d16c0c703af2b4c.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back