Scrounging with a Forester?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw no speed limit restriction on the autobahn for such trailers. that is an audi a3, 1.8T 2 horses about 1500 pounds each..

1.jpg

electric or inertia brakes are standard. But I do believe with the right towing package many people can urban scrounge quite easily and safely.

Speaking to some of my British friends they were limited to 50 MPH while towing, and I know semis were restricted similarly in the EU, so I assumed that passenger cars were limited as well. In my state, and all the surrounding ones brakes of any time are not required on any trailer under 1.5 tons and are never inspected for non-commercial trailers, so they rarely work.

In MN it seems most Subarus are owned by members of the LGBT community (not joking). I have a friend of a friend who sold her Subaru because she was constantly approached by other women asking her out and she was already married to a man.

Around here they go by the name of "LAV's"; for "lesbian assault vehicles".

Old thread I know, so it's OK to go off topic. LOL

Dan's pics are amazing. THAT is what Chevy should be using in one of those "real people, not actors" ads they run.

Around here they go by the name of "LAV's"; for "lesbian assault vehicles".

Old thread I know, so it's OK to go off topic. LOL

Dan's pics are amazing. THAT is what Chevy should be using in one of those "real people, not actors" ads they run.
Oh that is classic Bob! I need to share that term with a friend who is constantly making subaru jokes.

I used to haul lumber regularly with my Civic and trailer. I look back fondly on those days.

35 mpg. One insurance. Unhook the trailer and you're back to zipping around in a car.

I wouldn't run a firewood business with one but for scrounging I don't see the issue.

An S10 carries that much more than a small trailer? I don't think so.

the trailer is the way to go since you have it.

generally if you measure your spring travel on a small trailer and you leave half you won't over load

to simplify this down start loading right over the axle.

load evenly a row at a time forward then back

if you can't lift the tongue then your too front heavy start moving things back or off until you can lift the tongue. or if you happen to weigh 200 pounds when you park the empty trailer stand on the tongue right over the ball and measure the distance to the ground the car squats don't go lower than that.

in not very long you will get a feel for how you must load and when to say stop just be honest with yourself

also check your air pressure empty and if your tires start to squat be done .

a small trailer doesn't need much for side boards your probably not getting more than one layer on the trailer maybe 2 high right over the axle.

how much do you need to scrounge?
make trips learn your limit don't drive like your not pulling a trailer , 2-3 times the stopping distance longer following distance slow down for corners.

you remember the movie Ferris Buelers day off the sister takes the the driving test and test giver sets his Styrofoam cup on the dash full to the top with Hot coffee , she has to not spill it. drive like that.

worse than exceeding the tongue weight slightly is negative tongue weight you should always have a minimum of 75 to 100 pounds of tongue weight on a loaded trailer

Back