• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shindaiwa 757

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vonbank769

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys. Picked up a 757 off craigslist with a couple old homelite xl's and a poulan this fall. Finally got around to pulling the carb on the big Shindaiwa and got it cleaned up, tuned, running pretty decent. Bar and chain are crap... Do I spend $150 for a 32inch bar and chain or what is this saw worth as is?uploadfromtaptalk1425046793940.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425046805987.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425046814760.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425046830301.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425046905621.jpg

Is this For Sale? Or is this a "What's it Worth" thread that will morph into a "For Sale" thread?

I'd suggest you delete this thread, figure out what you want to do, and if you decide to sell this saw, repost it with an actual price.

Nice looking saw by the way.

Trying to figure that out. Is this saw worth putting a bar on and keep on the shelf or sell it and move on to next project? I'm a newbie, cut with Poulan 46cc 20 inch, a know nothing about these saws. Just putting a feeler out there, dude.

Yes, I understand that you are "new" here, and I'm just giving you some friendly guidance.

The Trading Post is for buying, trading, and selling. The little magnifying glass icon at the top of the page is for the "search" function. It can be used in any Forum, and can help you ascertain the information you are seeking.

The 757 is a Professional Grade 70cc Class Chainsaw. You would do well whether you keep it, or sell it. Dude.

bar looks good to me.if you spend $150 for a bar and chain your not going to make anything.And a 32'' bar is too much for a 73cc saw

Was sorta offline for the weekend.... think I should do some cutting with this bad boy. Not into passing a deal on to next guy, 200 is pretty much WAY too low.

Was sorta offline for the weekend.... think I should do some cutting with this bad boy. Not into passing a deal on to next guy, 200 is pretty much WAY too low.

Wait sec here fellers .... OP comes in here (the wrong place, BTW) with a saw he has no idea the value of.

Still hasn't had his original question answered, yet is now qualified to say the $200 is WAY too low?

The OP has already said that (in his opinion) the B&C are crap (so why's he want to cut with it?), so this deal is pretty much PHO.

So mebbe for $200 + the ride isn't too far off when you compare to the eBay market.

A guy on here messaged me with fair market value instead of trying to low ball me. This saw is worth more than any offers I received and as such it's just gonna stay right where it is. Sorry to get all your panties bunched. It's just a forum guys...geez.

Just a word of caution on these saws, the filter and prefilter for the 757 high top will run you over $40 at your Shindaiwa dealer.

A guy on here messaged me with fair market value instead of trying to low ball me. This saw is worth more than any offers I received and as such it's just gonna stay right where it is. Sorry to get all your panties bunched. It's just a forum guys...geez.

Maybe not, I have a total of $250 in the two I own.

Seems funny that you now claim to know what it is worth but didn't know last week when you fist posted this thread... Just another newbie trolling for a sale.

Back