• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shindaiwa 757

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked at one on ebay also for 425 and not near as nice as mine. What f....ing thread am I supposed to be on. I'm on chainsaws...trading post...
Also was told it would be 40 bucks to ship this. If I took 250, then spent 40 for shipping, I would have 2 homelite xl's and a crappy green poulan left with 10 bucks in hand instead a really nice bigger saw that I got a deal on. That's what my comment meant about the deal.

1) You saw the one for sale .... OBO. That one happens to have been there awhile. The one you should have taken notice of was the one with a B&C that sold for $325.
2) You come on the tradin' Post .... but your post isn't For Sale/Wanted/Trade
3) You're good at pulling answers you like right outta the air .... shipping is usually added on to the price of the saw.
4) If you were really looking at this seriously, you'd sell all the other saws and buy a decent B&C for this one. Plus, you'd have beer money left over.

Great idea Warped. Still haven't had anyone tell me where I shoulda put this post, and I can't figure out how to delete it.

Great idea Warped. Still haven't had anyone tell me where I shoulda put this post, and I can't figure out how to delete it.

My $250 was for the saw, not the clapped out bar(I've got plenty of new ones), just the saw. If you would have actually responded, I would have paid you $250 for just the saw. Shipping is easy, I enter my FedEx account number in my computer, put in the pertinent information, and email you a prepaid shipping label.
Since this isn't an actual sale thread though, I suppose those details are moot.

Where should this thread have been posted? You ask? Nowhere. You seem to now have all of the answers in your own opinion of what your saw is worth.

By the way, the fact that you can't figure out how to delete this thread should come as a surprise to nobody.

As the old saying goes, "you have to be smarter than the toilet, in order to flush it."

My $250 was for the saw, not the clapped out bar(I've got plenty of new ones), just the saw. If you would have actually responded, I would have paid you $250 for just the saw. Shipping is easy, I enter my FedEx account number in my computer, put in the pertinent information, and email you a prepaid shipping label.
Since this isn't an actual sale thread though, I suppose those details are moot.

Where should this thread have been posted? You ask? Nowhere. You seem to now have all of the answers in your own opinion of what your saw is worth. By the way, the fact that you can't figure out how to delete this thread should come as a surprise to nobody.

As the old saying goes, "you have to be smarter than the toilet, in order to flush it."
hey! can I use that last line.:cool:

496049.jpg

Vonbank769 I really don't understand the big deal in posting the thread like you did. Sometimes some of these guys can be like sharks circling around their bay waiting on the New fish to try to come in and point out what they feel are his errors. It really a pretty good site for info, hang in out and yes I've bought quite a few saws here so don't be pushed away. Maybe next time try to post this type of thread in the regular chainsaw section but then I can only imagine the flaming that would insue if you sold a saw from a thread there. Good luck welcome to the forum.

Vonbank769 I really don't understand the big deal in posting the thread like you did. Sometimes some of these guys can be like sharks circling around their bay waiting on the New fish to try to come in and point out what they feel are his errors. It really a pretty good site for info, hang in out and yes I've bought quite a few saws here so don't be pushed away. Maybe next time try to post this type of thread in the regular chainsaw section but then I can only imagine the flaming that would insue if you sold a saw from a thread there. Good luck welcome to the forum.

Whatever. This is posted in the Trading Post i.e. Buy, Sell, Trade. I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand about that? Did you read my very first reply to the OP? I explained to him, in a non-confrontational, succinct manner what the problem is with placing a "what's it worth" thread over here.
Besides, the internet is obviously available to the OP, and finding out the value of a Shindaiwa 757 can be ascertained with a modicum of one's own effort.

Whatever. This is posted in the Trading Post i.e. Buy, Sell, Trade. I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand about that? Did you read my very first reply to the OP? I explained to him, in a non-confrontational, succinct manner what the problem is with placing a "what's it worth" thread over here.
Besides, the internet is obviously available to the OP, and finding out the value of a Shindaiwa 757 can be ascertained with a modicum of one's own effort.

Yea Jon's got it right, noobs with the "What's It Worth" threads are a nuisance, evidenced by the well meaning fellow whom probably PM'ed him the Epay link of the BIN/OBO saw that ain't sellin. I am never interested in buying a saw for top tier dreamland Epay pricing from a noob that hasn't vetted said saw to my satisfaction, and is caustic about it to boot. Read up, do your diligent research, and price a damned saw accordingly.

Still don't see the big deal this is an internet forum where one can come to talk to others and learn from others more experienced. How is a what it's worth thread a nuisance? He is considering selling a saw and coming to a group showing respect for others opinions of what the saw could be worth if he decided to sell it. To me that qualifies as a trading question but hey that's my opinion. Not trying to get into a who's bic is bigger competition just saying maybe some come to a forum to interact with other people with like interests rather than rummaging through hours of wrong info on the internet.

Still don't see the big deal this is an internet forum where one can come to talk to others and learn from others more experienced. How is a what it's worth thread a nuisance? He is considering selling a saw and coming to a group showing respect for others opinions of what the saw could be worth if he decided to sell it. To me that qualifies as a trading question but hey that's my opinion. Not trying to get into a who's bic is bigger competition just saying maybe some come to a forum to interact with other people with like interests rather than rummaging through hours of wrong info on the internet.

The issue is that there is a proper protocol for THIS "internet forum" and the OP and you don't seem to be able to grasp that. Take a look at the opening line of the header of the Tradin' Post forum. To wit, it reads:

"Post items that you are looking for and one's you are wanting to sell."

Plain and simple, posts created here are for the purpose of buying, selling (or trading) specific items. If you want to know what is is worth, do a little legwork on your own. If you have no idea of what an item is worth, you probably should not be buying it in the first place. We are weary of people asking "what is it worth" when their only goal is to actually sell something.

Why are you so weary about it? I'm really not trying to be an azz I'm truly asking that question for an answer.

Latest posts

Back