Shindawa saw id

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_89

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
upload_2019-3-18_9-37-25.png upload_2019-3-18_9-37-42.png Can anyone identify this older shindaiwa just picked it up used.

Serial # 5033038

It looks a lot like a 577.
e9268dde0a675d81ad4add596d4d2974.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The blade on the chain brake handle on the 577 is solid. I suppose you could measure the piston but I don’t have the specs. You could find out what carb is on it and that should tell you something as well.
Walbro HDA 132 on a 577

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok do you happen to have info as to what the carb should be? I’m pulling it anyhow to clean it. Just looking to confirm model for partsas I bought it as non running project.

Also any idea what a running 577 goes for?

I picked them up for as little as $125.
Usually $150-$175.
I paid $280 for one that was pristine and was nearly new.
I think they are good saws, Shindaiwa just never got popular.

Yeah I agree on them being good saws. Reason I bought it is my dad has had one for 20 years with no issues and I spotted this one used for $75 and figured it was a good buy

So confirmed yes it is a HDA-132 carb. You wouldn’t happen to have a manual or more info on it would you?

Just did thx. Already found that manual and that’s why I’m questioning if this saw is a 577 since they lost a different carb than what “alderman” referenced so curious where his info is coming from

Ok was just curious as the manuals that Ray sent reference a different carb and no mention of the hda in there.

On a second note bought a carb kit as I suspect the carb isn’t pumping has properly since the saw will “pop” but not try to run basically just getting the occasional backfire. Am I chasing the right thing or something else to check doesn’t appear to be a screen or anything in. Tank that I could find that would block fuel flow

I would try a carb kit first. Adjust screws on carb out 1 1/4 to start with.
There’s a little screen in the carb that gets plugged easily also.

Ok already had carb apart and cleaned diaphragm with no improvement but will try carb kit this week

Back