• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Silvey round ground grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy4saws

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Looking for a new or used Silvey round grounder to upgrade from my current nielsen grinder. I know almost everyone is looking for Silvery grinders but figured its worth a shot posting it here. PM me
Thanks

Silvey went out of business years ago. So you won't find any new ones. As for an upgrade, I wasn't aware that the silvey round grinder was better than the Nielsen. Silvey did have some nicer square grind models though, but th Nielsen is comparable to the entry level Silvey swing arm square grinder, I think.

He also has one with the bearings going out for 300 less. I kept crunching numbers and thinking. This will still be a 30 plus year old machine, while SOME parts are available not everything is. It doesn’t make sense with the amount of money you are spending. At $2400 you could put it towards the new CNC chain grinding machine that’s accuracy would be unparrell to a silvey and grinds itself.

I’m not knocking the silveys but the money these things are going for is crazy. It’s not justifiable for ME.

I went with a 520-120 from Madsens. For my grinding needs I will do just fine.

Back