Solo? What's a Solo?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stop in here from time to time. The saw forum is really dead. A lot of that is your fault. You have this better than other folks attitude that is a real drag.

Business? I'm booked up for a few mouths as usual. I'm here because this place was pretty special to me at one time, and I miss a lot of the guys that are here. See, I say what I mean, no double talk. You might try that sometime. It refreshing.

I would like to see the same level of activity here that there once was.......for that to happen you might need to sit back, shut up, and try to have some decency.
When someone makes as much fuss as you did on the way out the door, it's kind of pathetic to see them slinking back barely 6mo later. I'm trying to imagine the level of narcissism required to think you'd be welcomed back. You're about as old as I am - old enough to have learned to live with the consequences of your previous actions.

When someone makes as much fuss as you did on the way out the door, it's kind of pathetic to see them slinking back barely 6mo later. I'm trying to imagine the level of narcissism required to think you'd be welcomed back. You're about as old as I am - old enough to have learned to live with the consequences of your previous actions.

I'm sorta hard headed, and my skin is thick. I don't want, need, or expect your approval. I probably dislike you as more than you realize. Have a great day.

How's it hanging Wade?
Im good thanks. I ran a few tanks in the 2159 a couple weeks ago. :) Cut about 2 cord with it, mostly small stuff under 12". Once I get that out of the way I have some larger stuff that needs to be cut, then I will probably be like this... :surprised3:

I'm sorta hard headed, and my skin is thick. I don't want, need, or expect your approval. I probably dislike you as more than you realize. Have a great day.
I expect you know how little I care. I don't actually dislike you though, rather you are transparent as hell and your antics and attempts to be the center of attention distract from what should be a fun site.

Im good thanks. I ran a few tanks in the 2159 a couple weeks ago. :) Cut about 2 cord with it, mostly small stuff under 12". Once I get that out of the way I have some larger stuff that needs to be cut, then I will probably be like this... :surprised3:

I really like those saws Wade. I think they get more gains than any other 60cc saw I do.

I'm kinda considering buying Carl's Solo so I was really looking forward to some good discussion here. I was not privy, nor cared about what went on to cause the exodus although I do feel like I may have missed out on some knowledge and comedy because of it. Still plenty of characters left here to replace any that may have left. Other than cocking me over $$wise I can't imagine someone on the internet getting me pissed enough to leave a site I like. o_O

I expect you know how little I care. I don't actually dislike you though, rather you are transparent as hell and your antics and attempts to be the center of attention distract from what should be a fun site.

I really do dislike you. Really. I think you are a smug prick. Seriously.

Again. Have a great life. :)

I'm kinda considering buying Carl's Solo so I was really looking forward to some good discussion here. I was not privy, nor cared about what went on to cause the exodus although I do feel like I may have missed out on some knowledge and comedy because of it. Still plenty of characters left here to replace any that may have left. Other than cocking me over $$wise I can't imagine someone on the internet getting me pissed enough to leave a site I like. o_O

I have a short fuse sometimes. lol

What do you want to know about the Solo? I think I have some pictures, timing numbers, etc. Carl would love to sell it too.

I have a short fuse sometimes. lol

What do you want to know about the Solo? I think I have some pictures, timing numbers, etc. Carl would love to sell it too.

Just the general thought on the 651/56 saws. I'm relatively new to saws. I generally love the non-mainstream and there just doesn't seem to be a ton of feedback online about the platform. The timing numbers really won't mean much to me since I'm just a saw repairer and not really a modder. I've repaired and ran the 51' series of Dolmars and love them but I'm bored. Solo intrigues me. That's all.

Oh, and I'm really close to picking it up. He looks like he really knows the Dolmars. The 656 doesn't look to have the zing of his 5105s but the torque looks sexy.

@El Moobs, so the stock 656 carb can keep pace with the larger displacement? Who makes that carb? Does it surprise you that it has the ability to feed that much gain?

Just the general thought on the 651/56 saws. I'm relatively new to saws. I generally love the non-mainstream and there just doesn't seem to be a ton of feedback online about the platform. The timing numbers really won't mean much to me since I'm just a saw repairer and not really a modder. I've repaired and ran the 51' series of Dolmars and love them but I'm bored. Solo intrigues me. That's all.

Ah......the 656. I really don't know a lot about that saw. I've got a new one here, but I've yet to get a chance to play with it. Carl knows them far better than I do.

@El Moobs, so the stock 656 carb can keep pace with the larger displacement? Who makes that carb? Does it surprise you that it has the ability to feed that much gain?

The saw in the video is a 665 Wade. And the carb on it is fine even with the 7910 top end. It's a Walbro carb. I figured it would be ok.

Back