New Husqvarna T540 mk 3

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo3

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Has anyone tried the new version of the Husqvarna T540? It would seem that the displacement has been increased to 2.39 cu.inch.
https://www.husqvarna.com/us/chainsaws/t540xp-mark-iii/
This is a "extra" weight.... and extra power.

The only other pruning chainsaw of this displacement was the Austrian Solo 637. (a "beast" with 2,45 cu inch) : same "extra" weight.

Been to long to recall anymore. But that solo 637 40.2cc was mine in video. Made in Germany right on it.

Run like my other top handles. Dont recall every calling it a beast with the 200T and 338's I had too.

Liked it but when solo parted ways here in US I parted ways. Figured parts would be a bear down the road.

s637T40cc.jpg

Would you be in the market to buy one? They have got the fuel consumption down to 387grams of mix for one Kilowatt hour of work produced. They have SP21Gchain that can tolerate 2.6 hp at 10,200 rpm. I guess it holds 10.5 fluid ounces of fuel and almost 8 oz of oil. The bore and stroke are not listed so the cubic inch figure may not be exact.

I bought an 338xpt when the 540xpt and it were available and The 338 still works. I don't see a similarity to this new mk3 besides the pace in the company's product line. 338 it a carb forward design sort of clamshell with the bar mount part of the non-cylinder half. Air filter is way different from the link in post 1. My guess is they will have one at the Paul Bunyan show as they had the 592 there before it was generally available. That is about 5 weeks away, not sure if I will go this year. The picture I put shows what is likely a plastic or composite clutch cover unlike the metal one on my 338. Note it looks to me like the bar is attached by one stud and one locating pin. The 338 has two locating pins and the stud half way between them.

hq540mk3clutchcover.jpg

I remember selling 2 nice 338's to tree services to go buy one of those new 540 first editions. Late 2012 or early 13, I think it might of been. Local dealer let me demo one he had and decided against one.

Friend told me mk2 was greatly improved and now on mk3. Can only get better right. 🤷‍♂️

Sure wish I had kept one of those 338 back then even.

h3382.jpg

Back