husqvarna has a new version 562xp ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s the 562’s version of the mkii upgrades, except these are just updates and not an official “Mark II” package. It includes a better filter setup and possibly metal caged bearings (I know Husky now carries metal caged bearings for the 562, but I’m not sure if they’re standardized or an upgrade) + there might be a carb thingy, but that’s just a rumor.

The updates are a new filter design that passes fewer fines, and the crank bearings have an extra ball. I’m not sure if the bearings are metal caged.

Supposedly someone said they think the filter is retrofittable to the original 562xp.

The updates are a new filter design that passes fewer fines, and the crank bearings have an extra ball. I’m not sure if the bearings are metal caged.

Supposedly someone said they think the filter is retrofittable to the original 562xp.
Someone on FB had factory update kits for sale. Memory serves me right they were $70 a pop.

What I heard is Husky came out with a new, HD filter and filter mount/intake horn, if you buy both of those, it’s plug and play in any 562, on the 555/560, you’ll need to get a hi-top cover as well.
So is it the mark II version or not? It does not say it is on the web site, if not why bother, or what was the point to update it? I’ve been waiting for the mark II.
From what I’ve heard, its not a “Mark II”, just some much-needed updates to the air filter and bearings, both of which are known weak points. They’re loudly announcing it because they want all of us to know they’re listening to our complaints and updating the saw. As for a 562 Mk II, to the best of my knowledge they’re not coming out with one anytime soon, if ever. This is as close as it gets for now.

What I heard is Husky came out with a new, HD filter and filter mount/intake horn, if you buy both of those, it’s plug and play in any 562, on the 555/560, you’ll need to get a hi-top cover as well.

From what I’ve heard, its not a “Mark II”, just some much-needed updates to the air filter and bearings, both of which are known weak points. They’re loudly announcing it because they want all of us to know they’re listening to our complaints and updating the saw. As for a 562 Mk II, to the best of my knowledge they’re not coming out with one anytime soon, if ever. This is as close as it gets for now.
interesting heard from a husqvarna dealer early .....2021 the mark II would appear ...guess its good it got some updates

on the web site shows a new 2020 version? , looks the same?..any info?...

• NEW
View attachment 865145
562 XP® (2020)
970 50 21-02
Cylinder displacement
59.8 см³
Bar length (inch)
18"
Recommended bar length, max
28 in
Weight (excl. cutting equipment)
13.4 lbs
  • AutoTune
  • X-Torq®
  • Air Injection®
  • Flip-up tank cap

FROM
$749.99MSRP

Did the weight go up from the original? I could be mistaken but I thought when they first came out the powerhead only weight was 12.8 lbs. Maybe that was the 2260?

interesting heard from a husqvarna dealer early .....2021 the mark II would appear ...guess its good it got some updates
I’d trust your dealer then. Around Thanksgiving last year my local Stihl dealer told me his Stihl equipment delivery guy told him he’d seen pallet loads of 500i’s sitting in whatever warehouse serves them, and supposedly similar loads were sitting in warehouses all over the US, waiting to be released. So far, it seems like he was right...

I’d trust your dealer then. Around Thanksgiving last year my local Stihl dealer told me his Stihl equipment delivery guy told him he’d seen pallet loads of 500i’s sitting in whatever warehouse serves them, and supposedly similar loads were sitting in warehouses all over the US, waiting to be released. So far, it seems like he was right...
it was @spike60 ..if i remember correctly ...however not completely sure... could have been a local dealer...

it was @spike60 ..if i remember correctly ...however not completely sure... could have been a local dealer...
Yeah, I gleaned all my info from spike60 on the other site, I just got a 562 and found all that while trying to figure out how to bulletproof my saw. I haven’t actually fiddled with my saw yet as I have 5 saws from other people I need to fix, plus I’m too chicken to cut, grind, or modify a new saw with only 3-6 tanks through it. It’s the closest to a new saw I’ve come, although I might be getting a 500i in the next few months.

I knew there were a few bearing updates, when I rebuilt mine I didnt really notice anything visually different in the new bearings I got, the part number was superceded 3 times to what I bought from my dealer.
Anyone want to point me in the direction of the new filter set up? Link or part number that I can go bug my dealer about?
Thanks.

Ok, according to Husky’s website, the ipl says p/n 597 27 55-01 is the new HD xp filter holder while 597 27 55-02 is the new HD xpg filter holder and 590 45 88-03 is the new, flocked HD filter. The nylon filters are 590 45 88-01 for the “NYLON 64 μm Black s/n from 20202600073“ and 590 45 88-02 for the “NYLON 25 μm Black s/n from 20202600073“. Husky’s having a complete, updated ipl for all of there saws on their website is AWESOME! If only you could order parts straight from them too....

Cliff’s Notes: You want 597 27 55-01 and 590 45 88-03 if you don’t have an XPG and want the updated flocked filter.

Ok, according to Husky’s website, the ipl says p/n 597 27 55-01 is the new HD xp filter holder while 597 27 55-02 is the new HD xpg filter holder and 590 45 88-03 is the new, flocked HD filter. The nylon filters are 590 45 88-01 for the “NYLON 64 μm Black s/n from 20202600073“ and 590 45 88-02 for the “NYLON 25 μm Black s/n from 20202600073“. Husky’s having a complete, updated ipl for all of there saws on their website is AWESOME! If only you could order parts straight from them too....

Cliff’s Notes: You want 597 27 55-01 and 590 45 88-03 if you don’t have an XPG and want the updated flocked filter.
Thanks. Gonna see if I can get that this week.

The new filter fits under a 562xp high-top cover. A 560xp will need a new top cover.
6f5c6c3c5a7193979a6166d1d33bb922.jpg

Back