562xp 550xp and T540XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerdoug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know all these saws are new with the 3rd generation autotune. 550's may be on back order till February and the T540's are not scheduled to be introduced till Feb. I had some question when comparing these saws:

562 XP: MSRP - $740 - Ported and shipped $850 (I don't port saws - I hire this done from people on this forum)
  • 59.8 cc with 4.7 hp
  • 12.57 lbs
  • 3/8 chain No chain gauge mentioned.

550 XP: MSRP - $780 is my calculation ($40 more?) (European web site prices times .90522 would convert to US prices - prices are published on their site first)
  • 50.1 cc or 3.75 hp
  • weight 10.8 lbs without heated handles
  • chain pitch is not 3/8 but .325 with a .05" chain gauge.

T540XP: MSRP - $770 - So ported out the door should be around $880 is my guess.
  • 37.7 CC
  • weight 8.16 lbs
  • chain pitch is 3/8 with a .05" chain gauge.

Question:

Does the 562xp run a different chain gauge than .05" or would a person run the same chain on all 3. I run a chisel RSLK Stihl Chain.

Personally, I think all of these 3 saws should be winners in their sizes. Looks like they may all be priced about the same.

Best combination of the 3

As cool as the 550 is, my gut feeling is that the T540xp and the 562xp would make a great combination since they are different. I just want to confirm that they actually take the same chain which I find interesting.

Does the Stihl 201t take a full size chain like the larger saws as well?

I would watch for the top handle maybe being 3/8 LP / picco / lopro ?

And the gauge on the bigger saws, quite probably different part no for dealers to order, as I've found in Aus and some parts of US, .058 is the common size on Huskys.

hey Dougie,

the top handle will need 3/8 Low Profile chain. It's not the same at all as regular 3/8 chain. Totally different chassis.

I thought the 550 was about $50 more than a 346 at around $550? I know several members here have them already.

I port any top handle for 110 bucks. I just make one pass around each port with my router. Takes 5 minutes tops. Easy money, you fools! Hahahahahahaha!!

550xp can be had for around $550 +/- from most dealers.

562xp for $650-750. I haven't found the need to port my 562.
Most impressive stock saw I've ever run!!!

Cost do do a port job on the 562xp

My cost to do a port job was $250. So he must have purchased the saw for $600. If I sent him a saw, then I would have had to pay him $250. I think $250 is pretty standard for porting a saw. The savings is if your porter has a good source on a new saw. Saves on shipping multiple times if the porter can port the saw brand new out of the box. That way he knows I didn't mess it up. Since the porter wouldn't know how I take care of my equipment.

Is my porter pretty good? I think he is. Someone PM'd me and recommended him and so I blindly sent him $850 and am hoping for the best. I will get to try out the saw next Friday.

Everyone is bragging about how most of the members are pretty honest on this forum, so I figured I would test it out with $850 and see if it is true.

Back