• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 028 Super #2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Here is another Stihl 028 Super. I believe it is a bit newer than saw #1 Sold as powerhead only $185

I normally never bump my own threads but I am going to tonight. We are socked in today/tonight with a ice storm and running on generator power so I never made it to FedEx t to ship out saws today. I have a long drive coming so I figure I would try to make it worth while to go to the airport Tuesday. In any event this is a decent saw and I feel it is worth what I am asking. With that being said I will sell it for $185 shipped tonight (Monday)

I am a bit surprised that this saw never sold. $185 shipped is fair in my mind
Hi,
Is this 028 still hangin around?
Lots of them on ebay, but hard to know what their condition is. Also the bar/chains are pricey, $40 n up. I may be interested, but also wonder
if you still have it, does it have good pulse (i.e. cranks seals condition) ?
I am trying to replace a stolen 028 I bought new, with something that will clean up nice, and with good crankshaft/cylinder/seals at least, for a
good price.
Thank you
Dusty

Hi,
Is this 028 still hangin around?
Lots of them on ebay, but hard to know what their condition is. Also the bar/chains are pricey, $40 n up. I may be interested, but also wonder
if you still have it, does it have good pulse (i.e. cranks seals condition) ?
I am trying to replace a stolen 028 I bought new, with something that will clean up nice, and with good crankshaft/cylinder/seals at least, for a
good price.
Thank you
Dusty
Not a hell hot enough for saw thieves.

LoveStihlQuality

Not a hell hot enough for saw thieves.

LoveStihlQuality

Thanks, it's hard to imagine getting any enjoyment from a stolen chainsaw, (or anything for that matter) isn't it?
They sing, they purr, they bellow, and sometimes they KICK you, heheh... and only request a little tlc along the way. It's really a personality
each one possesses. What more could you ask from a friend like that.
I sacrificed to buy that saw, and put thousands of hours on it building scribed and fitted log homes, all
with Amsoil 100:1 mix! Never a cylinder problem, rare plug replacement, it was still running sweet.

I hope to find a suitable match for carrying on the legacy. :)

Thanks, it's hard to imagine getting any enjoyment from a stolen chainsaw, (or anything for that matter) isn't it?
They sing, they purr, they bellow, and sometimes they KICK you, heheh... and only request a little tlc along the way. It's really a personality
each one possesses. What more could you ask from a friend like that.
I sacrificed to buy that saw, and put thousands of hours on it building scribed and fitted log homes, all
with Amsoil 100:1 mix! Never a cylinder problem, rare plug replacement, it was still running sweet.

I hope to find a suitable match for carrying on the legacy. :)
028 Super bought for Dad for Christmas 25 plus years ago. Awesome saw based on recommendation of old Lee at long time dlr. Brother in law forgot it in back of pickup, quick errand at Menards. You bet. Fast forward a year later, guy brings saw into Lee's to get a chain, Lee sees Dad's name on, strange that we would sell it, calls Pop and asks. Lee stalled a while til police came. Just happened to go there. Karma is a *****.

LoveStihlQuality

028 Super bought for Dad for Christmas 25 plus years ago. Awesome saw based on recommendation of old Lee at long time dlr. Brother in law forgot it in back of pickup, quick errand at Menards. You bet. Fast forward a year later, guy brings saw into Lee's to get a chain, Lee sees Dad's name on, strange that we would sell it, calls Pop and asks. Lee stalled a while til police came. Just happened to go there. Karma is a *****.

LoveStihlQuality
uploadfromtaptalk1457372851645.jpg

LoveStihlQuality

Great "ending" wow!! :)
That would just be the sweetest of all. Yes, you reap what you sow.
That is one sweet lil 028 on the woodpile!
thank s for sharing!
Dusty

p.s. I'm hoping to find one that hs really good clean plastic and side paint., the bottom I can repaint fine.
Also hope for one with a good crankcase and bottom end, if it needs c/p I can deal with that, I love the good compression
numbers they produce! :) :)
I'm fine with wrench work (got a Dr.of Motors cert. at tech school way back ''then" hehe). Just lack some of the lower end
tools that are good to have.

Latest posts

Back