• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 044 - 10mm, fresh rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This particular saw I posted about in the Chainsaw forum yesterday for a price check. Looks like I should be asking $475 shipped PHO. PayPal gift. Would trade for a clean turn-key 357xpg, but nothing else.

PRICE DROP 3/10/15 - $425 SHIPPED CONUS.

****************************************************************************************************

This saw is a 10mm 044 with new OEM piston in a clean 10mm cylinder, no base gasket, case split with new bearings and seals, and a dual-outlet muffler (added outlet cut on starter side but with regular front cover). I believe there are a couple thread-serts that were put in, and I know that the case's previous owner had done some clearance grinding for a 12mm crank, and the covers were pulled out of a stash of used pieces I had laying around. I ran it a couple tanks through it, then broke a starter pawl, and didn't run it again until a couple weeks back. It has seen 16.5 tanks since it was rebuilt. It is not beautiful but it is really strong and revs up fast.

Five pulls, cold:

Very good add. Not many know how to descibe a saw well but the brief desciption is very important and you nailed it. An add usually tells as much about the person as the saw and l feel confident reading this add.

Is the cylinder OEM also?

Yes, it is. I don't run non-OEM stuff for things that matter in the long run. Clutch covers, the occasional Husqvarna top cover or starter, and of course rim sprockets, yeah, I've done that before. But this one was put together for me with OEM stuff by a shop I (and other AS folks) trust, using OEM stuff only.

EDIT: If I'm off on price, let me know.E

No word from him yet. We will see :) I got a lot of responses from that post last night I should get some picture at some point today. I really like this one though so we will see what happens I guess

He will get back to you. Hope it works out.

Latest posts

Back