Stihl 07

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisnm8

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got given a stihl 07, just after advice on what other models are compatable?
Like piston or cylinder!!!the ts350 looks similar but after any info on this model!
Is she worth getting going? I'll post pics once I get home!!!

Hi guys,

Just got given a stihl 07, just after advice on what other models are compatable?
Like piston or cylinder!!!the ts350 looks similar but after any info on this model!
Is she worth getting going? I'll post pics once I get home!!!

The 07 and 07S are a saw unto themselves. There is no other saw remotely like them. I love this model! I have two of them.

270999843_MWf3D-M-1.jpg

600396741_5RhoJ-M.jpg

The 07 is worth fixing if you can find the parts, complete saws occasionally show up on ebay.

Gotta love the hinged engine hood! :)

hood.jpg

The 07 is worth fixing if you can find the parts, complete saws occasionally show up on ebay.

Gotta love the hinged engine hood! :)

hood.jpg

Geaaaa nice restorations guys, what colour is the white parts originally??? Sthil grey? Or white? Mines more yellow tinge to it!!!now I am really hangin for my powder coating kit to arrive!

Also is the 08s carb the same? I put fuel in the spark plug hole and she fired up, squirted some in the carb and she started but isn't sucking fuel up the carb!!! The diaphragms seem ok...,
Also whats usually inside the muffler mines got absolutely nothing in there?

Thanks in advance

Geaaaa nice restorations guys, what colour is the white parts originally??? Sthil grey? Or white? Mines more yellow tinge to it!!!now I am really hangin for my powder coating kit to arrive!

Also is the 08s carb the same? I put fuel in the spark plug hole and she fired up, squirted some in the carb and she started but isn't sucking fuel up the carb!!! The diaphragms seem ok...,
Also whats usually inside the muffler mines got absolutely nothing in there?

Thanks in advance

White were they?
07before.jpg

:hmm3grin2orange:
I just pick the closest colour from a chart and get some 2 pack paint mixed.
The 08s / 07 use the same carb repair kit (DG-5HL) are you sure the diaphragms are ok?, they usually go hard with age and don't work as they should.
The muffler is typical of the old saws, just an empty shell, check the fuel line/filter and carb, I doubt there's too much wrong with it.

If you go to Model Profile: 07S - you will be able to find the specks for most older saws. The carburetors listed for an 07s & an 08s are different but eye balling the air filter looks the same. I have 08s & S10 top handle saws which are basically the same but the specs listed at the above link show different carburetors so you might find the rebuild kits the same. On the 08s/S10 top handle the air filter is in line, on the 07s it looks like it is at a right angle which might account for the difference in model numbers.

Have fun! John

And only the carb. These models are entirely different. One is 50cc and the other 70cc. The 07 is MUCH larger than the 08. These are not compatable models for parts swapping.

What about the demo saws etc!!!!

Would you like the 08 IPL to see for yourself?

NO, but will accept a saw for me to disect :msp_biggrin:

i was talking about the ignition coils, points,piston, etc not the actual structure of the saw.....anyhoo no biggy i simply wont use it if the parts are so hard to come by. Guy has listed a coil for one on Ebay aus for 350 bucks lol it is NOS but geaaaaaa.

Back