Stihl FS80AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonrkba

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
IMG_20171008_222005810.jpg IMG_20171008_222013059.jpg Need help from the stihl guys. I have an old fs80av I'm trying to ressurect. It has the old school slide carb that I have never messed with. When I hit the primer bulb I can't seem to get gas to flow into the carb. It has a spring loaded button on the metering diaphragm that allows gas to flow to the discharge hose but not through the carb as it should.

I can't find any part numbers on the web to locate a new carb or kit.
Any suggestions?
Thanks. Jason.

This is the old FS 80 with the Teikei carburetor. The Stihl repair kit for this carb has the following part number:
4112 007 1060

I`m not sure if it is availible from Stihl anymore. But if you have a look on ebay or other places you should be able to find a repair kit for this carburetor.

I have an identical unit waiting for rehab. I ordered an Echo/Shindaiwa B45 B45LA B45INTL Brushcutter TK Slide Valve Carb on eBay to see if it would work as a replacement carb, or perhaps be a donor unit for replacement parts. The first unit was lost in the mail, and the replacement has been shipped.

I would also check the fuel line for leaks, or try starting it by priming the carb by hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The problem is internal to the carborator. When I prime it I get gas to the end of the hose but then it's restricted, it will go no further and you can not push the primer anymore. I'm hoping the shindaiwa b45 is the same.

The replacement Echo/Shindaiwa B45 B45LA B45INTL carburetor arrived and sorry to say there is no joy to report.
The diaphragm plunger is reversed, but it could be removed and still have a functional replacement unit.
The deal killer is that the choke lever is reversed which places it in an interference location with the air filter housing.
The lever is staked into place, so whatever rework would be complicated.
Finally, the diaphragm between the factory unit and the Echo/Shindaiwa B45 are different, so I can't even use this part to replace the old hard piece in my trimmer.
Guess I'll just have to buy a build kit for it.

The replacement Echo/Shindaiwa B45 B45LA B45INTL carburetor arrived and sorry to say there is no joy to report.
The diaphragm plunger is reversed, but it could be removed and still have a functional replacement unit.
The deal killer is that the choke lever is reversed which places it in an interference location with the air filter housing.
The lever is staked into place, so whatever rework would be complicated.
Finally, the diaphragm between the factory unit and the Echo/Shindaiwa B45 are different, so I can't even use this part to replace the old hard piece in my trimmer.
Guess I'll just have to buy a build kit for it.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I may be interested in the B45 carburetor if genuine. Do you happen to have the exact part number? Thanks.

Back