Stihl MS 311 Won't Start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Stihl MS311, was an absolute bast$$d to start. Brand new straight from the factory, cant be the Spark Plug 'right'...

Anyway, long story short, finely got around to checking the plug, damned if the Stihl factory fitted Bosch Spark plug's Electrode was WAY too short!

New NGK BPMR7A, problem solved, starts now like it should always have.

Real pi$$ed with Steil about that.

Attachments

• Stihl MS 311.JPG
    Stihl MS 311.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
I bought the same saw brand new, has never touched a tree yet. started several times over the Winter months, then suddenly nothing happens,. it floods horribly, the saw still under warranty so I took it to the retailers service shop. they supposedly cleaned out the flooded cylinder, plug and muffler and they claim it starts great. I get it home,. same problem. I might add to this also,. the ONLY fuel used is the $8.00 quart of Stihl fuel and the Stihl 2 cycle oil.

So,. I listed in on Craigslist for $200.00 I paid $622.00 total because I was foolish enough to also waste money for a spare chain amd the fancy Stihl chain sharpener.

Guess what? everyone that contacted me about this particular brand and especially the model 311, told me I would be better off to put it on a tree stump and set in on fire and afterward swear to never waste money on Stihl products and always buy a quality saw.

So it seems as though Stihl has apparently gained a reputation for making a junk saw that is very difficult to start.

Am I surprised after owning the model 311? NoPe !

Back