STIHL vs, husqvarna?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacklynch

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
here that most people like STIHL better then husqvarna.
what do you guys think is the best?

chevy better then ford? toyota better then honda? it goes on and on, each company has its pro's and con's. Husky and Stihl have good and bad saws, knowing which ones to choose is what matters. If you stick around you'll soon learn that too. There is no one company making everything good, each has its good and bad products. I hope this helps.

here that most people like STIHL better then husqvarna.
what do you guys think is the best?

I own both.

And also had premature breakdowns with both brands within the first weeks.

And had plenty of good solid performance for years with both brands.

But I like both of them.

Last edited:
As pointed out, both make some great saws, a lot of good ones and a few bad ones. For me, what my dad used when I was a kid and the local dealer is the deciding factor. A good dealer can make a world of difference.

I notice you've got husqvarna written in lower-case... keep it that way. STIHL forever... especially anything made in germany. The 660 Magnum just sings!!!

Husky all the way. It's the saw the competition Stihl wishes it could be.

Truth be known..they are both fine saws. Husky big saws are better and Stihl produces the better smaller saw...so they say.

To be practical, if I were you I'd think about were the closest dealer is and go with them.

Stihl vs. Husky

I have just picked a Stihl 020 T topping saw used but the price was right Oh and it needs a Screw for air cleaner. Long time Husky owner, but hey if it starts and is Sharp I don't care if it is Red, Orange, Orange and White or Green

I run them both.

Seems the bigger Husky's have more performance stock. The smaller Stihl's have more performance stock.

The older I get the more important reliability is to me, you can get a lemon of either, but I am thinking Stihl may have the edge here (not 100% sure on that yet by my studies). I have a 272 I just can't break.

Ergonomics goes to Husky.

Air filtration goes to Husky.

There are countless other issues, which many are a wash anyway.

Just buy one from someone you halfway trust and try it. Brag to your buddies until someone with the other brand challenges you to a cut off, then cut off his legs and say "cuts pretty good, don't you think?"

My point is EITHER OR, I don't care, I am sure that you really don't either by the fact that you started this Trollish thread.:chainsaw:

Last edited:
i like Stihl.

i use them for top handles and pole saws.everything else is husky.

my buddy got one of those new ms200 rear handles.kinda pricey but a ripping little saw.

I'm guessing this thread is a serious inquiry regarding preference.

I am seriously suggesting the search function.

And, seriously, I would be glad to help you with getting started with the search function; Send a pm if you would like some assistance.

I only like Stihl because I'm familiar with how they operate. Nothing I hate more these days that buying a new toy or tool and having to read some dumb manual printed in 8 million different foreign languages.

Yah, all Stihls have one lever, and one way to start and stop them. Simple.

As for the million languages thang, yah, what's that about? I download parts lists and manuals (in English) from other guys on AS. The buddy system.

Back