Strange and Weird Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky,
I don't do anything with greeting cards or prints for publishing to make money. I think that the inate fear of rejection has reared it's ugly head in those respects. I just do it for fun. Over the last year or so, I haven't had much time for taking pictures as I'm into so many other things that I just don't have the time.

The cameras that I use are both film and digital. For the real high definition landscapes and stills, I use my trusty old manual, vintage 1981 Mamiya RB67 Pro S. This is a 6X7 cm medium format film camera. It is a hulk and I don't usually haul it around unless I've really got the urge. For most of my pictures, I use a Nikon F5 35mm SLR for film and either a Nikon D1 or D1X for digital. These work well together because I was already in bed with a whole slew of Nikon lenses for the F5 before I got into the digital arena. I went with the Nikon digitals because they use the same lenses as the F5. I've been really impressed with Canon's achievements lately with the EOS D1S, but can't bring myself to take such a big hit in selling off my perfectly good Nikon lenses. Not to worry, I imagine that Nikon will respond with a new D2 soon that will be right up there in the 10+ megapixel range with the Canon.

On the subject of pictures, I'll go on record now as saying that John Lambert is no slouch when it comes to picture composition. If John lacks anything in regard toward final product, it's only because he hasn't been schooled in the mechanics of picture taking and doesn't have the equipment yet to ultimately express his talent. These two details are the easy part of taking pictures and will be addressed in short order. He has the hard part down pat, namely the artistic sense to convey the feeling behind the image.

Fantastic pics Doug. You`ve obviously got a fair measure of natural talent yourself. I also wanted to make note of the high quality of most of John`s pics of late, he`s obviously picked up a trick or two. Russ

I was on the commercial forum and here is link to some good tree topping videos.Some with explosives

http://sherbrooketrees.tripod.com/sherbrooketreeservice/id11.html

Bang 2 and 100 feet up look crazy. If some of you with dial up right click on the mpeg link and then left click on save target. store them so you can watch them a few times with out the trouble of timing out your dial up.

Hi Russ, I learned alot from Doug about pictures and Adobe Photo Shop. What I learned, was to take all pictures in the largest resolution on aperature priority with the camera selecting its own shutter speed automatically. This way I have better pictures and more depth of field. Later,I change the brightness and contrast to get the most out of it.
I enjoy taking pictures as much as I do logging and tapping trees.
With Doug around I can only become more accomplished. His pictures are very impresisve and are worthy of publishing, I think.
John

Very awesome pics ,

I've always been interested in photography but haven't dropped the dough on a real good camera + lenses yet. I'm always seeing pics I want to take when I'm cruising around but they never seem to come out like I see it with my Nikon N50, maybe I need more than one lense huh?

Todd,
The N50 is a good camera. What lenses do you have? 99% of the picture is in the composition and the post processing. Your N50 will do great things no matter what lens you put on it. Lenses only buy you versatility.

Here's another one of our pal Gypo doin' the log thing. This time he's got his clothes on.

Got a 35-80 on it, not as much diversity as I thought. I've been lazy too and pretty much leave it on automatic:p Gotta work on that.

Back