The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
articulated tractor maybe?

or a mid sized tractor with a bucket and a logging winch, they got lights and stuff so you can road em, and 4x4, and pto for pto sprayer... among other nefarious uses (pto catapult? hydrualic can crusher, plowing a quick fire line through a grassy field...)

They do ok off road, just not real skookum when the shizz gets steep or really rough.

articulated tractor maybe?

or a mid sized tractor with a bucket and a logging winch, they got lights and stuff so you can road em, and 4x4, and pto for pto sprayer... among other nefarious uses (pto catapult? hydrualic can crusher, plowing a quick fire line through a grassy field...)

They do ok off road, just not real skookum when the shizz gets steep or really rough.
I'd stay away from an articulated tractor unless you plan on doing some road mowing then they work great but for anything else I've never cared for them when we've owned them. I know some of the guys in the south use cats for planting as well as spraying but we haven't picked it up here yet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bunch of stuff. Towing a spray rig in site prep units, pushing/pulling roads clear, some thinning use, etc. Basically all forestry tasks and not production logging. What we need is something tractor weight but UTV agile. Blade up front, winch on the back would be ideal. Skidsteer might work.
Sounds like bobcat toolcat kinda thangz.

I don't want to commit to roading; that makes for some long days. We've avoided grades over about 30% so far towing a sprayer with the Argo and it's worked OK, so I figure anything that can do better than that is probably OK too. I do like the idea of PTO accessories. So far I'm definitely leaning toward some flavor of bobcattery.

I don't want to commit to roading; that makes for some long days. We've avoided grades over about 30% so far towing a sprayer with the Argo and it's worked OK, so I figure anything that can do better than that is probably OK too. I do like the idea of PTO accessories. So far I'm definitely leaning toward some flavor of bobcattery.
The Toolcat is amazing. Dump bed, rear option 3-point, remotes, hitch, accessories -- fully functional fruntloader, with over 140 available attachments. Fully customizable, fast enough to self-mobalize on the Road, AC/Heat, radio.

I lifted a full pallet of Chief Cliff field stone off of a semi with one. That was stinking heavy too. Then we filled the bucket full of concrete to pour in a barn. It grunted, but did that too!

If'n I had the coin, I'd have me one.

The Toolcat is amazing. Dump bed, rear option 3-point, remotes, hitch, accessories -- fully functional fruntloader, with over 140 available attachments. Fully customizable, fast enough to self-mobalize on the Road, AC/Heat, radio.

Just looked it up. That thing seems to be just the ticket. I worry only about the size of the tires in disturbed soil in logging sites. I reckon there's probably an option for that, too, though.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Just looked it up. That thing seems to be just the ticket. I worry only about the size of the tires in disturbed soil in logging sites. I reckon there's probably an option for that, too, though.

Thank you for the suggestion!
Contact Bobcat, tell them your application, I'm sure there may already be a package out there? If there isn't, you should suggest a partnership between you guys to develop said package, in return you guys get a killer deal on said package. [emoji6]

Take this for what it's worth because county workers were running it. After I clear cut a section of county park they came in with their Tool Kat to clean up. They caught it on a stump and tore the axle off somehow. I was already gone so i didn't see it. I heard it from their supervisor when looking at another job.

There is a company that makes a compact skidder out of Canada I believe. Like an 8 ton machine or less? I forget the name.

I'm thinking of getting a qoute. I'd really like to know what the skidder and forwarder run. I'm guessing you're looking at parts from the factory. Maybe they can send one down for me to demo?

I'm thinking of getting a qoute. I'd really like to know what the skidder and forwarder run. I'm guessing you're looking at parts from the factory. Maybe they can send one down for me to demo?
Most of the time I source all my parts like rexroth valves pumps I buy from the distribution center not a dealer. That forwarder might be a good set up for you with options of adding a head later to it.

Most of the time I source all my parts like rexroth valves pumps I buy from the distribution center not a dealer. That forwarder might be a good set up for you with options of adding a head later to it.

I'd love to have a second smaller machine that I can trailer on a gooseneck or something. Something mo bile. I wonder how efficient it is to unload a bunk with a cutting head. I need a Swiss army boom that swaps the head out for a grapple.

I'd love to have a second smaller machine that I can trailer on a gooseneck or something. Something mo bile. I wonder how efficient it is to unload a bunk with a cutting head. I need a Swiss army boom that swaps the head out for a grapple.
They make most of the quick attach Timberpro has a video of a guy swapping them in less then 15 minutes.

Damn decks are getting too big for processing
4046935c7d22e6e743a82161313a5171.jpg
d9a5f0a53d3f3eff693e62057f9c2ada.jpg
ad1a16f3eb2c19cb03bdc0aae2c13388.jpg
5c56c776e5873a8aadfd0ec84b3d043c.jpg

Back