Backwoods Barn Find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-techcowboy

N.A.O.T Racing
Reaction score
So a few days ago I saw this ratty ms361 for sale on marketplace for $500 and chuckled alittle as I skipped on down the list. Each day that passed the guy dropped the price by $100 until It caught my eye again because he was only asking $100 for it so I thought hell that's well worth it even if it needs abit of parts so I jumped at it. Badside I was going to have to pick it up on my motorbike and it was 115 miles from me one way which might not sound like a long way but when your on this sorta bike pushing 35 and have had bikes beat on you most of your life with more broken bones then you can remember from racing dirtbikes that can seem like an all day ride on a cruiser. But beings I have abit of a addiction to them there good running saws and since the price seemed right I didn't give 2 *****. So I made the jot from the west side of okc to the northwest side of Tulsa to a dilapidated neighborhood of houses being held up by toothpicks to find this little kid that might of bein 18 or so carrying the saw. He seemed to know alittle about it and mentioned his uncle at one point which is who I'm assuming bought the saw new. Either way I have my hands on a complete original and from what I've heard pretty dang good stihl pro saw. After a bath she didnt look too bad. Sun faded mostly but not much wear and tear on the norm stuff and upon further inspection I quickly realized why it had bein left to rot away. Like many saws im sure we've all acquired during our time it's topend is roached. But that's really all she needs so im pretty ok with that idk you guys tell me did I over pay for this legend or is having around $200 in it doing pretty good? This is what I have to do to haul saws on my bike which I've done a couple times lol.

Attachments

• 20240317_082129.jpg
    20240317_082129.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240306_170911.jpg
    20240306_170911.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240317_083125.jpg
    20240317_083125.jpg
  • 20240317_083148.jpg
    20240317_083148.jpg
  • 20240317_103909.jpg
    20240317_103909.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240317_103926.jpg
    20240317_103926.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240317_104001.jpg
    20240317_104001.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
So a few days ago I saw this ratty ms361 for sale on marketplace for $500 and chuckled alittle as I skipped on down the list. Each day that passed the guy dropped the price by $100 until It caught my eye again because he was only asking $100 for it so I thought hell that's well worth it even if it needs abit of parts so I jumped at it. Badside I was going to have to pick it up on my motorbike and it was 115 miles from me one way which might not sound like a long way but when your on this sorta bike pushing 35 and have had bikes beat on you most of your life with more broken bones then you can remember from racing dirtbikes that can seem like an all day ride on a cruiser. But beings I have abit of a addiction to them there good running saws and since the price seemed right I didn't give 2 *****. So I made the jot from the west side of okc to the northwest side of Tulsa to a dilapidated neighborhood of houses being held up by toothpicks to find this little kid that might of bein 18 or so carrying the saw. He seemed to know alittle about it and mentioned his uncle at one point which is who I'm assuming bought the saw new. Either way I have my hands on a complete original and from what I've heard pretty dang good stihl pro saw. After a bath she didnt look too bad. Sun faded mostly but not much wear and tear on the norm stuff and upon further inspection I quickly realized why it had bein left to rot away. Like many saws im sure we've all acquired during our time it's topend is roached. But that's really all she needs so im pretty ok with that idk you guys tell me did I over pay for this legend or is having around $200 in it doing pretty good? This is what I have to do to haul saws on my bike which I've done a couple times lol.
"on this sorta bike pushing 35", Just hope your talking about your age and not the speed of that crotch rocket with what appears to be a nitrous oxide bottle strapped to it. lmao Anyway, the Bar and Chain if in good shape should be worth the $100 you paid for it. Good find! jmho :cool: OT

Currently my 361 is my ready go to 60cc saw and my 036, 362CM, and 562XP saws sit on the shelf.
Stihl OEM cylinder walls are really tough and the pistons are the first to fail.
I've cleaned deposits from a dozen or so cylinders that had trashed pistons, and nearly all of them were serviceable and the saw only needed a new piston.
Hope your situation is similar.

Latest posts

Back