Looking for correct part numbers for 044 rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revving13500

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey folks, I've got an 044 from work that needs a top end rebuild. It's an old slant fin so I believe its a 10mm saw. In the parts manual for the 044 they have 2 options for top end parts (im assuming the difference between the 10mm and 12mm models). For the piston and cylinder im seeing and option for 1128 020 1227 and 1128 020 1201. Any insight into which one i need to order would be appreciated.

Hey folks, I've got an 044 from work that needs a top end rebuild. It's an old slant fin so I believe its a 10mm saw. In the parts manual for the 044 they have 2 options for top end parts (im assuming the difference between the 10mm and 12mm models). For the piston and cylinder im seeing and option for 1128 020 1227 and 1128 020 1201. Any insight into which one i need to order would be appreciated.
@pioneerguy600

It would be best to first figure out what chassis you have, the pics above in post#6 will help greatly to tell if the crankcase is a 10 mm or 12mm. When it comes down to cylinders it would be best to know if if it has a 10 mm wrist pin , the cylinder from a 12 mm piston pin will fit on the chassis but there is a possibility the ring ends from a 10 mm piston can catch in the exhaust port,only careful layout and measurements can determine for certain. I have a 044 with a 10 m piston running in a 12 mm cylinder ,the ring ends are close to the edge of the exhaust port but I determined it had enough cylinder wall area for the rings to have support even when they wear down to end of service life.Determine what saw you have first and the rest is easy to determine.

Latest posts

Back